Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2023 3:30:23 AM EDT
The website lists the parts kits, but nothing further. Any idea if these retrofit kits will be available again?
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 12:36:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#1]
I got enough new spare parts to build 2 more, but doubt I ever will.

Lack of suitable handguards killed this product.

The junky M4 Handguards they included with the kits required the upper half to have the heatshield sitting crooked inside the plastic to clear the piston. I just removed it. I modified a set of Magpul MOEs but wasn't totally satisfied with that either, but it worked.

Why Franklin Armory bought Osprey, sold off the remaining stock and shut it down I have no clue. But not even spare parts are available anymore. Try ordering anything from Ospreys site, you cant. Havent been able to in 2 years.

3 of the kits I bought 3 years ago from Brownells had mis-machine piston chambers. I am sure I still have pics somewhere. Franklin Armory did swap them out though.

I removed 2 kits from Rifles I sold and sent the kits back to Brownells lol. Got to love Brownells FOREVER guarantee.

I also wasn't happy with how the OP rod beat the crap out of the barrel nut. And the OP rod should have had a slight taper to it where it entered the BCG strike key hole.

I have a Osprey kit running amazing on a S&W Sport 2 after I moved up to a H2 buffer.

To answer your question I would say NO.

I have since bought 2 Piston guns from Sig Sauer and totally love them. MCX Virtus 300 BO and a 716I Gen 2 Patrol 308 rifle. Both are amazing piston guns.

The 2 Sig piston guns both have tapers on the ends of the op rod and dont beat the crap out of the barrel nut. Factory designed piston guns with adjustable gas blocks for suppressor use beats these drop in kits hands down.

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I contacted them, and they have no plans to make any more parts or kits.

I need the piece that goes into the gas block. Mine broke. I have all the parts except for that! Whaaaaa!
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joelad:
I contacted them, and they have no plans to make any more parts or kits.

I need the piece that goes into the gas block. Mine broke. I have all the parts except for that! Whaaaaa!
View Quote

Funny I had that happen once also, sent mine back to Osprey, they removed the broken piece from the gas block and sent me a new one.

Is this the part you need?

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joelad] [#4]
Yes, that is the part I need.

I also bought my kit before they had a dedicated bolt carrier. They sold a key to mount onto a normal BC.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top