Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2024 11:21:03 PM EDT
I have seen a bunch of YouTube videos and forum posts (not ARFCOM) recently that are bashing Pmag M2's and Lancer mags. I have a bunch of mags to include both Pmag M2's and Lancers and have never had an issue. The mags currently on my battle belt and PC are Lancers.

What are yall's opinion of them? Would you trust your life to them? If not, then what would you trust your life to?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Both have been fine for me
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By KTM300XCW:
I have seen a bunch of YouTube videos and forum posts (not ARFCOM) recently that are bashing Pmag M2's and Lancer mags. I have a bunch of mags to include both Pmag M2's and Lancers and have never had an issue. The mags currently on my battle belt and PC are Lancers.

What are yall's opinion of them? Would you trust your life to them? If not, then what would you trust your life to?

Thanks.
View Quote

What new mag brand were they trying to sell you?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Perfectly GTG.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The Pmags often won't drop free for me, but other than that they've been fine.  Never had any problem with Lancers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Gen 2 Pmags are great for me. Cheaper than M3 and work perfect. No dust covers included I’d say is one drawback. I don’t have any non-ar platforms that the m3 shines in. So I’d say m2s have my trust.

I only have Lancers in .308 and they’ve been great. No issues whatsoever. Sometimes they take a good whack to seat when at or close to capacity but I don’t mind that at all. Gives me reassurance that it’s in there. They always fall free too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:44:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I run both. Lancers for my precision focused rifles and Magpul for my SBR. Over 10+ years and multiple variations of SPR/DMR-style builds I’ve never had an issue.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd trust my life to both.  Both have treated me well.  Little internet nerds like to create insane torture tests for their magazines then spread their results as if it's gospel as to why a certain mag sucks.

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys, that makes me feel better. As I said I have never had an issue with either. I guess it's a matter of you have to take what you read on the internet with a big ole helping of salt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shadohh:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shadohh:
Originally Posted By KTM300XCW:

Thanks.

A few swore on Okays, which I also have a bunch of. Some recommended Pmag M3's which I also have a bunch of. But neither has worked any differently than my M2's or Lancers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#10]
I think it's safe to say that there have been at least many tens of millions of 2nd Gen PMags sold, maybe hundreds of millions, and the reported serious issues might amount to .0001 percent.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]
No issues on pmags g2.

No experience with Lancers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#12]
One problem I've had with numerous gen 2 Pmags riding upside down in a mag carrier is the second round in the mag tilts up and makes seating on a closed bolt a real bitch. So you have to push that round back down and then it will seat.

Gen 3 and USGI don't have this problem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I have had zero issues with either. I've been using Pmags since 2009 in my patrol duty rifles and personal rifles/pistols.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#14]
This is what ends up happening with some of my gen 2 Pmags, but not all, when they ride upside down in a mag carrier and get jostled around. This will still feed properly if the bolt is locked to the rear, but they won't seat on a closed bolt reliably. This is the reason I stopped buying the gen 2 and why I only use them on the range. It also doesn't seem to happen to every mag. Visually I can't see any signs of the lips spreading and they otherwise work fine.

Lancer mags have never given me a problem. They just aren't worth the price over an Okay, D&H, or gen 3 Pmag (in my opinion). I'm probably gonna buy a few of the new clear Pmags though, just because.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 11:09:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bravo_Six] [#15]
I've had no problem with Lancer or any generation of 30 round Pmags.  I have both brands loaded for defense (along with some D&H).

Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
This is what ends up happening with some of my gen 2 Pmags, but not all, when they ride upside down in a mag carrier and get jostled around. This will still feed properly if the bolt is locked to the rear, but they won't seat on a closed bolt reliably. This is the reason I stopped buying the gen 2 and why I only use them on the range. It also doesn't seem to happen to every mag. Visually I can't see any signs of the lips spreading and they otherwise work fine.

https://i.postimg.cc/BQK4p8xN/IMG-1499.jpg

Lancer mags have never given me a problem. They just aren't worth the price over an Okay, D&H, or gen 3 Pmag (in my opinion). I'm probably gonna buy a few of the new clear Pmags though, just because.
View Quote

I haven't had that happen.  Have you checked the spine for cracks?

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Both are fine
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:
I've had no problem with Lancer or any generation of 30 round Pmags.  I have both brands loaded for defense (along with some D&H).

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:

No cracks or other obvious visible problems. Also doesn't seem to happen with a consistent date code. It's pretty random.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#18]
My only problem w/M2's has been the over-insertion issue, no problems at all w/my Lancers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Where have you been buying? I purchased my black 30rd Lancers for $10/ea and you can currently get a 10-pack of translucent 30rd Lancers for $110 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Tomac:

Where have you been buying? I purchased my black 30rd Lancers for $10/ea and you can currently get a 10-pack of translucent 30rd Lancers for $110 shipped.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tomac:

It's been a while since I've bought any rifle mags. But before the last election $15 was the going rate if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:26:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#21]
Never used Lancer, but PMAGs are GTG. I've also never had a problem with C-Products or ASC mags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:17:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Some of the Gen 2 Pmags may have a 'U' to almost 'V' shaped notch on the spine for the follower to push up the bolt catch.

This design works fine with most lowers, but once in a while, you will get a lower that the magazines will randomly fail to lock

the bolt to the rear on an empty magazine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a bunch of both. Never had an issue
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Lancer mags have weak springs
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DrRockso:
Lancer mags have weak springs
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#26]
In the past year I’ve had two M2’s break from dropping on concrete. Split at the spine. One was date coded as 2013 and I was too blind to read the other one at the time. One popped rounds with a light tap.

Mags are disposable and I got more than my $12 worth out of them. That said I have Lancers that are over a decade old that still work great. I have M3’s that have been beat to shit and only asked for more. Unless there was a crazy sale I just don’t see myself buying M2’s again.

We don’t know the long term performance of plastic mags though. Buy lots of different types of mags just to be safe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#27]
So this post popping back up reminded me to share why the gen 3 is better for riding upside down in a mag carrier. In my experience anyway. This additional spine running down the inside keeps the rounds tighter and seems to stop the issue I had posted above. Gen 3 circled and gen 2 up front.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for all the feedback.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Thank you for posting this. After reading it I went to check my gen 2s I keep stored upside down in mag pouches and 2 of the 4 were exactly as your picture showed. I have had em for a good while and never had any issues with them no cracks on the spine or other damage.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Hyrum-22:

Thank you for posting this. After reading it I went to check my gen 2s I keep stored upside down in mag pouches and 2 of the 4 were exactly as your picture showed. I have had em for a good while and never had any issues with them no cracks on the spine or other damage.
View Quote
Happy to be of help.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top