Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2024 2:39:36 AM EDT
If an AR-10 rifle has SR-25 pattern magazine on its spec sheet, does that mean any after-market SR-25 magazine will fit into the rifle?

I am looking at Stag Arms STAG -10, which takes a tiny magazine that is not only rumored to be "California compliant" but is also rumored to be legal in Canada.  What worries me is that this rifle has some tiny mag on it that is somehow permanently fixed to the body of the rifle. I'd like to use an after-market drum magazine.   Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you take some measurements of the magwell?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I would highly doubt that Stag sells a permanently affixed mag as their default version of the gun. Of course, you could always ask them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
I would highly doubt that Stag sells a permanently affixed mag as their default version of the gun. Of course, you could always ask them.
View Quote

Or post pics or link to what you speak of.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#5]
From Stag's website: https://www.stagarms.com/support/customer-service/compliance.html

CALIFORNIA & NEW YORK
For our customers who live in California and New York, we offer CA and New York compliant rifles. Our CA/NY rifles ship with the following:

*Cross Armory Fixed Magazine Device
*10 Round Magazine

Our compliant rifles have a the Cross Armory fixed magazine device which allows them to have features that would normally be restricted under state law such as pistol grips, collapsible stocks, and flash hiders or muzzle brakes depending on the base rifle. Our California/New York compliance rifles also ship with a 10-round magazine to satisfy CA/NY law.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top