Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/20/2024 8:00:11 PM EDT
Have an AR10B, just your standard 16' carbine Armalite (not Eagle) that I'm thinking of selling.  Also have plentiful mags and spare parts.  Did a quick search on the EE, then GB, then even my local TGT and didn't find any for sale or recently sold.  Thoughts on general value?  

Has the more widespread number of "AR10" manufacturers dropped the value of these older models, or have they maintained value?  I see I can pick up a Armalite DEF10 model, which is essentially what I have for ~1200.  Would you use that as a comp, and depreciate off of that?  

Any insight is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Carbines have been selling for $700 to $1000 on GB lately. Low side if you are a private seller that doesn’t take cards.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I see A2 models are going for about 1300.  OEM detachable sights sell for around 400.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Normally I would suggest selling the gun by itself and then the mags and other stuff separate.  But in this case, there may be some concern from potential buyers, about Armalite having changed to standard SR25/DPMS magazines.....they may never make another run of those M14 style mags.

That could be an issue down the road for buyers of the older Armalite rifles.  That being said, you might want to sell the mags with the rifle.

Tony

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SmegHead:
I see A2 models are going for about 1300.  OEM detachable sights sell for around 400.
View Quote

A2s always go higher, especially if they are the newer ones with non-wiggly rear sights, and even moreso if they are the super-rare forward assist models.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top