Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 5:10:10 PM EDT
I picked up a new 7.5" pencil barrel for my N-23 prototype, but it has a dimple for a gas block. I want to use a FSB, so is milling for pinning a valid ask of a gunsmith? If not, I know a guy with a mill, I might see if we can set something up if I could get the measurements.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
No reason you can't still mill it for taper pins
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stowe:
No reason you can't still mill it for taper pins
View Quote

Found a pretty decent video on U-toob, but it was for a virgin FSB. My only concern is with walking due to pre-existing holes in the FSB.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rooster-X:

Found a pretty decent video on U-toob, but it was for a virgin FSB. My only concern is with walking due to pre-existing holes in the FSB.
View Quote

Actually, NM last post, Retro rifles now offers a non "F" shaved bayo lug and flashing removed in virgin format now
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI, Retro Rifles does not have a very good rep around this forum.  

A typical example of a thread on them: https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Retrorifles-com/123-780255/
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm gonna kinda retro my CMMG dedicated upper. It has a fake gas block on it now. Going to send it to JT as soon as my front sight comes in.

I showed him this link for a FSB, and he said it would be fine.

FSB
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top