Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2024 4:38:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek]
In the state of Michigan, I am limited to a 5-round magazine for deer hunting. I'm just looking for something reliable, I don't need "SHTF/combat ready." At the same time, I only need a few, so I'm not too concerned with cost for a good mag (~$10-20 range).

I'll be hunting with either 5.56 or 300blk.

These Lancers seem pretty solid, and of course Lancer has a good reputation for their full-size magazines.
https://lancer-systems.com/product/l5awm-5-magazine/

Anything else to consider, or should I just buy these?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure the Lancers are fine.

Another option is using a Magpul 5 rd limiter in a 10rd PMAG: https://magpul.com/minus5roundlimiter-pmaggenm35-56x45-3pack.html?mp_global_color=118
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm using 1 Pmag with a 5 round limiter and 1 Bushmaster 10 rounder that I modified with a long 10-24 bolt. I screwed the bolt into the base plate to limit capacity to 5. They both work good.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Used 10rd pmags with a 5 round limiter for over a decade with no issues.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a dozen or so of the riveted colt 20's.  Anytime I can find em I buy em!! Don't want to fool with the Gestapo(DNR)
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top