Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2023 10:23:21 PM EDT
Any opinions on the B5 precision vs a Magpul CTR/Riser/Bag rider combo type stock?
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
UBR
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgonot] [#2]
This might not be a popular opinion, but I really love my Magpul MOE Rifle Stock. The cheek height and LOP is just perfect for me.  It has the option for installing a Picatinny rail segment on the bottom to accept an ACE Monopod. It has all the QD slick socket options. I really like the storage compartment too. The latch locks up solid and it doesn't feel cheap at all.

EDIT: I bought an original MEGA monolithic quad rail 308 receiver set that I built out where I used an older Magpul PRS stock that had the picatinny rail segment on the bottom for an Ace monopod. In other words, it was expensive. I do like that PRS stock, but the cost was NOT justified. The amount of adjustment I needed was so minimal that I really could have just used one of the Magpul MOE Rifle Stocks. I was going for BIG BUCKS and BLING with that build so I don't regret the PRS stock. I just know in my heart that it really wasn't necessary at all even after many years of owing it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 4:20:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DvlDog] [#4]
A2.

Im tall with a lot of wingspan. I tend to prefer it over most. For a carbine stock its sopmod or gtfo but it sucks worse than the A2 for use with a rear bag. The B5 is probably the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the B5 or Magpul STR. I’m a fan of real estate for a good cheek weld, and those saddles just work for me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I just use a B5 sopmod same as my other rifles.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the B5 PRS Medium on my 308 and would recommend that stock (or the Long version, depending on how close you want the riser to the receiver) if you want a tool-less adjustable LOP and riser. It locks up very tight on the extension and gives you the same functionality of a collapsing stock along with micro adjustments for LOP. The only downside I've encountered is that riser adjustment is a little limited for prone and you may need the B5 add-on cheek riser, which adds a little extra height and allows you to extend the riser a little farther forward if you want to. It's also rubberized, so it adds a bit of comfort too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#8]

I like the Magpul MOE SL-S with a Arisaka Bag Rider SL & Arisaka SL Stock Angle Adapter for my  18" SPR

MOE® SL-S™ Carbine Stock

Bag Rider SL

Stock Angle Adapter - SL
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 5:40:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#9]
To me, just a plain old fixed A2... Preferably a Colt CS if those ever became available again.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#10]
ACS, I prefer these on my precision ARs….
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I tried the B5 precision stock on spr and was not a fan. Switched to the CTR with the arisaka upgrades and like it a lot more. I also added a cheek riser since I use a 1.70 optic mount. I find the upgraded CTR much more comfortable and it allows a better interface with rear bags; both on the bottom of stock and squeezing it with you support hand.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
UBR
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#14]
If you care about weight, I reccomend the Magpul SL. It gives adequate length of pull, has a great shoulder and cheek interface, has zero wiggle with metal anti wiggle springs, and you don't need a height adjustment if you pick the correct optic height.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I just upgraded one of mine to the Magpul PRS Lite and it’s great.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ARgonot:
This might not be a popular opinion, but I really love my Magpul MOE Rifle Stock. The cheek height and LOP is just perfect for me.  It has the option for installing a Picatinny rail segment on the bottom to accept an ACE Monopod. It has all the QD slick socket options. I really like the storage compartment too. The latch locks up solid and it doesn't feel cheap at all.

EDIT: I bought an original MEGA monolithic quad rail 308 receiver set that I built out where I used an older Magpul PRS stock that had the picatinny rail segment on the bottom for an Ace monopod. In other words, it was expensive. I do like that PRS stock, but the cost was NOT justified. The amount of adjustment I needed was so minimal that I really could have just used one of the Magpul MOE Rifle Stocks. I was going for BIG BUCKS and BLING with that build so I don't regret the PRS stock. I just know in my heart that it really wasn't necessary at all even after many years of owing it.
View Quote

Same - the MagPul MOE Rifle stock is sort of forgotten, but really a great fixed stock that is midpoint length between the A1 Vs. A2.   Never any wiggle or slop either!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#18]
CTR.

Can add bag rider or POD, RISR, etc.

The latch is protected from being depressed during recoil by your rear bag.

Length of pull can be adjusted faster on a carbine/A5 receiver extension than a wheel type system when going from prone to standing, adding armor or CW clothing.

STR are ok too but you lose the modularity.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

I wish it collapsed smaller.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Originally Posted By GimmeLibertee:
I just upgraded one of mine to the Magpul PRS Lite and it’s great.

I wish it collapsed smaller.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/New-Magpul-MOE-PR-carbine-stock-Its-a-club-foot-/5-2700326/
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I've added Bag Riders to both my Magpul MOE SL and Moe SL-S stocks.

Arisaka Bag Rider SL

You'll also need one of these....

Arisaka Stock Angle Adapter - SL
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top