Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2024 7:00:48 AM EDT
Hey all,

I have been working on an AR-15 (M16A1) rifle build. I ordered a Non-F front sight base from an outfit called Retro Rifles out of Reno, NV. I should have done a bit of homework, first.

The online order went through right away and my card was charged immediately. That was a month ago, and it is the last communication I have received. The website has a phone number, but when you call, it just goes to voicemail with a full mailbox so you can't even leave a message. Emails have not been answered either.

I contacted my CC company and have received a temporary credit, but we'll see how It plays out. It is only $52.00, so I can live with it, but I wanted to get the word out to help others avoid the heartache. They sell (supposedly) complete rifles too, so I would be way more upset if I was out several hundred $$.

Just a word of warning. Has anybody else dealt with this company? Curious...
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you'll find a lot of similar experiences here and on the Reddit retro sub if you look. I don't recall ever having dealt with them personally, but I repeatedly see warnings over stuff like you just experienced.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks. Sorry to hear this.
However - it appears as if you created this account to strike back in any way you can. No?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#3]
This is well known in this community
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.luth-ar.com/product/front-sight-base-625/  https://www.luth-ar.com/product/front-sight-base-750/  

I do order a lot from Luth and have always got the items quick.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Another place for non-F front sight

0.625" $30 JSE Surplus

0.750" $30 JSE Surplus
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I placed an order with them probably 6 months ago and after repeated phone calls and emails I did finally get what I paid for. It took a couple of months and a lot of aggravation. I won’t deal with them again, them and Optics Planet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jdtbone:
Another place for non-F front sight

0.625" $30 JSE Surplus

0.750" $30 JSE Surplus
View Quote

JSE is always good to go IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#8]
This is well known in almost every retro forum/community on the web. Unfortunately they have really good SEO and a website full on enticing, hard-to-find products that they claim are in stock, so they rope a lot of unsuspecting victims into making orders before ghosting them. Honestly with how many chargebacks they must get, I don't know how they still have a CC processor who wants to work with them. The retro world will be a better place when that site is shut down.

Seconding the recommendation for JSE surplus. Really great team over there and killer prices.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Im sorry, but a quick google search would yield all the feedback in the world required to judge that one should not do business with them, including about a thread a month in this sub-forum going back to like 2017.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Dang, just checked my account on there, two orders from them, one shipped and received, other still awaiting fulfilment since 2021 for an A2 upper. Don't think it would even be possible to get any refund by now. Prolly just continue to flame them online with every chance I see.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 19Charlie_84:
Dang, just checked my account on there, two orders from them, one shipped and received, other still awaiting fulfilment since 2021 for an A2 upper. Don't think it would even be possible to get any refund by now. Prolly just continue to flame them online with every chance I see.
View Quote

Wow. Wonder how many others have placed orders months or even years ago and forgot about? You are now like the 3rd person I have ran across that has said similar. Ordered and forgot about. I had one place I forgot about. I think it was Charlie's Custom Clones. Ordered something during like Christmas, they even said they were backed up 2-4 weeks when I ordered. In like Feb. I just had a package show up of some handguards and other small items I had forgot even ordering. I see how it's possible to easily forget. Retro Rifles has been doing this for years and still doing it. So crazy. A few people said it was like one old man or couple selling out of their garage or something. Even so, that is no excuse.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]
They are still around? Man I feel like this has been the same story for them for over a decade. I knew a guy personally who did business with them and it took him 6 months to get an upper and a bolt carrier. I think he only got it because he called and emailed them every day. Sad!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BlueBoomer61:
Hey all,

I have been working on an AR-15 (M16A1) rifle build. I ordered a Non-F front sight base from an outfit called Retro Rifles out of Reno, NV. I should have done a bit of homework, first.

The online order went through right away and my card was charged immediately. That was a month ago, and it is the last communication I have received. The website has a phone number, but when you call, it just goes to voicemail with a full mailbox so you can't even leave a message. Emails have not been answered either.

I contacted my CC company and have received a temporary credit, but we'll see how It plays out. It is only $52.00, so I can live with it, but I wanted to get the word out to help others avoid the heartache. They sell (supposedly) complete rifles too, so I would be way more upset if I was out several hundred $$.

Just a word of warning. Has anybody else dealt with this company? Curious...
View Quote

OP, my own experience with them was damn near IDENTICAL to yours. Sucks.
I challenged/requested a refund with my cc company, I used this link I found AFTER my suspicions were raised by their "customer service":

https://www.bbb.org/us/nv/reno/profile/gun-equipment/retro-rifles-1166-90020248/complaints
It's the BBB profile for them showing an "F".
I did get my money credited onto my card after I think a couple days.
Good luck, and thanks for posting this, might save someone else new to the forum from going through it.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762AP] [#15]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
That sucks. Sorry to hear this.
However - it appears as if you created this account to strike back in any way you can. No?
View Quote

His first post was on an unrelated subject  2 weeks ago.
Appears he has since discovered the issue with RR and their pattern of doing this.
So, use the tools available? I don't see the issue, even if he "HAD" done as you suggest.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:41:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#16]
Those shady fuckers continue to reap the business of the unaware.

ETA: GOOGLE LINK for those new to their issues.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#17]
How do they stay in business??
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tstetz:
How do they stay in business??
View Quote

By people not googling the business name before submitting their credit card info.

Although Im not perfect either, I did my first ever cc chargeback last summer after ordering ammo from what I can only surmise is a scam site.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Im tired of the repeated forums on them honestly.

Everyone on the forum that has submitted an order with them and gotten burned should file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Put them out of business and we will never hear about them again lmao
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered a flash hider from them some time ago and a couple of months later I still didn't have it.  I mentioned it somewhere on this forum and the response that I got back was kind of like, "are you an idiot...."  I had no idea at the time of their reputation, but I did eventually get it.  I don't think that I'll deal with them again though.  

The one that's driving me nuts is Automag.  I put a deposit down on one of the new Automags a couple of years ago.  I've moved up the list a bit, but I have my doubts about ever getting that gun, I'm just glad that I only put down a deposit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Grrr. Looks like I'm stuck in the RR hell loop. Been waiting 12 days for an update and now I see this. Kinda sucks as I've done business with them several times without issue. I will call them, and give them a few days to respond. Then it's call the CC and get a refund.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top