Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2024 3:13:49 AM EDT
I have a duckbill flash hider that's blued.  I'd like to use it for a build, but it should be parked instead.  Is it easier to try to find one that's parked, or can this one be sent somewhere to have it parked?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If you’re talking about a repro then the Brownells ones are still available.. unless you have a friend that can refinish it for free I’d just buy another one
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:35:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#2]
Retro Arms Works.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
Retro Arms Works.
View Quote

+1.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]
It would normally cost more than just buying another one but I already have the stuff here. I use like vinegar or an acid to remove the bluing. Lots of how-tos online. Then I have a bottle of Manganese Phosphate/Parkerizing solution here. https://www.palmettoenterprisesparkerizing.com/product-page/manganes-pint-16oz  (They also sell on eBay)

I heat the solution to 200 degrees in an old coffee pot, drop my small parts in for about 20-30 minutes and done.

I have a few FSB's I removed the flashing and lug from. I have some lower parts I have "aged" too much. Small parts that I dimpled. Bolt releases that need reshaped to 601 style. I have ran across a lot of parts that needed to be manganese phosphated / parkerized so I keep the chemicals on hand. If you think you will need lots of things manganese phosphated / parkerized in the future, then the price of a bottle would pay for itself.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.brownells.com/tools-cleaning/paint-metal-prep/metal-bluing/zinc-phosphate-parkerizing/?sku=082091016

This makes a gray to gray green color.  Just stripped and did two birdcages that were black.  Don't match my barrel too well since it is almost black,  One is gray the other a gray with a slight tint of green.  Took me a few trys to get it right.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top