Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2024 5:14:54 PM EDT
A new build. Twice after cycling the bolt the spring and detainer pop loose and are in the receiver. Spring destroyed.  Gun has not been fired.  The tube is engaged at the rear of the detainer pin.  LaRue build
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the receiver extension needed to be turned one more revolution.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like the receiver extension needed to be turned one more revolution.
View Quote

Sure does. The male threads of the tube should hold the pin down against the spring and capture it there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have new springs on order. Will try turning the tube one more revolution. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I like Aero's enhanced buffer tube with the little lip and the notch to engage the pin perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have new springs on order. Will try turning the tube one more revolution. Thanks
View Quote

For reference, this is what you are aiming for:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#6]
IF you find that one more turn jams the retainer pin, take a small round file and VERY LIGHTLY file the RE where it is contacting the buffer retainer pin so that the pin can be depressed freely.  You’ll only have to take off a few thousandths so don’t go nuts filing the buffer tube, just enough to clear the pin.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Not a snowballs chance in hell I would ever put that style buffer tube in any of my guns.

If your BCG ever locks up the best and maybe only way to fix it is to unscrew the buffer tube. Going to be impossible without destroying parts with that style tube and since the OP obviously already has some fitment issue problems, that rifle is a good candidate for trouble.

Correct mil spec parts work.

I would fix the actual issue. Follow the last 2 posters advice. Fix it right.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted: since the OP obviously already has some fitment issue problems,
View Quote

My fault for lack of clarity. I wasn't offering it as a solution to the OP problem. Just a general plus for ease of installation.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top