Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2024 8:38:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tstetz]
I got a CtA2 from Bad Attitude Dept a little while back and intended to build a C7A2. After seeing how hard and/or expensive it was to come up with pars, I decided I'd just try and build something close.

Then I started looking at the pics of the M16A4 with M4 stocks during the GWOT and got intrigued by those...

Then I found a pic of a guy in chocolate chip desert cam from Desert Storm rocking an M16A2 with a CAR stock, and thought that was pretty cool too.

Meanwhile I'd been percolating the idea of doing an M16A1 maybe sort of E1 clone of rifles we had in my Army Reserve armory back in the early 90's. A1 lower, C7 upper, A2 stocks, and pencil barrel.

In the end, I rooted through my parts box and mashed all of those ideas together and came up with the C7A1.5 or some such thing.

It's not a clone of anything but inspired by all of the above and is retro themed.

BAD C7A2 lower
Brownells C7 upper
Brownells 1/7 twist  20 inch pencil barrel
A2 rear aperature sight and A2 front post (MA Parts)
M16A2 flash hider (MA Parts)
OD green A2 handuards and grip (MA Parts)
OD CAR stock (B5 systems)
Microbest chrome lined/phosphate BCG (AR15discounts)
Odin Works LPK (AR15doscounts)
Canadain M7 Bayonet

It may not be a clone, but I like the set up a lot actually.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I kind of like the odd retro mixes. I was thinking of making like a 601 clone but with a 14.5" barrel, carbine triangle handguards and 607 stock. All fakelite painted in green zinc chromate. Battleworn. Kind of like a mini 601. I love all the old retro clones but sometimes you just want something a little different than everyone else but still retro with-in a year range that flows together. This one you made here flows together good. It looks like something that really could have been once.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Its ugly and it's stupid and I want one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The ideal iron sight gun TBH.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, whats the difference between the C7 and C7A2?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it. I might have to clone your "clone." I always kind of liked the C7A2s the Cannucks carried when I was deployed to Kandahar, Afghan. We had a LOT of Canadian troops there when I was there (09-10) and they were all carrying the C7A2s with Elcan optics. I'll have to go with your clone, though, because I don't want to drop the coin on an Elcan.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
ok, whats the difference between the C7 and C7A2?
View Quote

For your reading pleasure...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Canada_C7_and_C8
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top