Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2024 9:15:25 PM EDT
Check search of chrome only brought up barrel issues. I've a got a chrome BCG from Black River. Use it in a Mk12 clone suppressed. Shot maybe all of 500 rounds with it. I use ballistol as a lubricant.

I was cleaning it today and noticed staining on it. Mostly on the carrier some on the lugs on the bolt face. Black river said they had never seen that before. Anyone have an idea?

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Heat and oils do that.  I would just clean it with some Hoppes or CLP and shoot it.  Is it chrome or NiB?  NiB will patina with use and get a pink tint to the metal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s Chrome
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cdrapolloxx:
It’s Chrome
View Quote

Okay, if the finish is still bonded, shoot it a lot more, get it dirty and clean it, repeat.  I don't chase pretty on my weapons but I do chase function.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 3:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn’t realize chrome could stain like this. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t some kind of manufacturing defect or a sign of the plating about to flake. It didn’t help BRT said they hadn’t seen it before. Seems ok other than discoloration so I plan to keep using it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Heat and oils do that.
View Quote

Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Normal.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top