AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

Oh absolutely, his was back in 2013 or 14 IIRC and it was a steal then.
View Quote

I remember it. I’m merely pointing out that we are still in the salad days.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Aaron56:

Regardless of if Colt made it themselves 'in-house' or subcontracted the particular parts out to another company - If they were were shipping / selling carbines with those parts on them as part of whatever Colt factory configuration - Then, Yes they are 'Colt' parts.

No different than the current CR series garbage they sell with the non-Schmid triggers / trigger parts; unmarked carriers (that they have not made 'in-house' for a looong time now); barrels that may be marked / actually made by Rosco, Green Mountain, etc...  

And no, the earliest of the M4 hand guards did not have glue. That was added / required later on down the line as crayon eaters were removing them and making a mess of them in the process. Same with respect to the Colt rifle length hand guard heat shields. The oldest sets in my collection do not have and did not come with any glue. Later versions of the same exact guards do have the glue for the same reasons.
View Quote

Handguards from the Expanse line and Colt Competition line are absolutely not something that any Colt collector would consider a true Colt item any more than Magpul MOE furniture pulled from a 6920 would be considered a Colt item.

CDNN sold off a bunch of Colt Competition and iirc some Expanse parts some years ago.

I have Colt m4 handguards from the mid/late 90s and they have glue on the double heat shields. I certainly could be remembering wrong and will pull my collection of Colt m4 handguards when I’m home.  When did you purchase your early M4 handguards?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

Handguards from the Expanse line and Colt Competition line are absolutely not something that any Colt collector would consider a true Colt item any more than Magpul MOE furniture pulled from a 6920 would be considered a Colt item.
View Quote

So...

As a Colt collector, Should I also rule out my new Colt BCG (insert whatever particular part here) because it is unmarked?

What about these clearly non-Schmid and otherwise unmarked trigger parts that I got on my 'new' Colt? Are these a 'true Colt item'???

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#4]
Originally Posted By Aaron56:

So...

As a Colt collector, Should I also rule out my new Colt BCG (insert whatever particular part here) because it is unmarked?

What about these clearly non-Schmid and otherwise unmarked trigger parts that I got on my 'new' Colt? Are these a 'true Colt item'???

View Quote

If they are just the unmarked components, yes I personally would rule them out. If it’s unmarked and just the seller’s word that these are Colt parts, the parts are worth as much as any other unmarked AR parts. Where is the provenance?

If selling as a complete upper, complete lower, or complete firearm, I would personally not be interested in anything with unmarked parts, but so long as you have the original box provenance is less of an issue. But provenance will always be a challenge.

Would you classify as Colt a set of Magpul moe furniture pulled off a 6920 Magpul edition? I would not.

CDNN sold off those garbage Colt Competition parts as genuine Colt. They were made under a marking variance and under license from Colt by a TX manufacturer. Anything but a genuine Colt. But that didn’t stop CDNN from advertising the parts as Colt.

What year did you buy your early milspec Colt M4 handguards?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top