Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2023 9:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR]
Any have a link to a McMaster Carr part# for the Colt "Gray" dry film lube in a spray can? I tried searching but there are so many different part#s and "shirley" someone has researched this already?
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sandstrom 28A is what you seek.

https://sandstromproducts.com/products/mil-spec-coatings/

I can't help with a McMaster part# though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:58:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lysanderxiii] [#2]
Originally Posted By OTDR:
Any have a link to a McMaster Carr part# for the Colt "Gray" dry film lube in a spray can? I tried searching but there are so many different part#s and "shirley" someone has researched this already?
View Quote

There are many types of solid film lubricant.  The type specified for the interior surfaces is MIL-PRF-46010, this is a heat curing, corrosion inhibiting solid film lubricant.  It is not available in aerosol cans, but is far superior to any of the air-curing types.

MIL-PRF-23398, Type II is the touch-up aerosol SFL specified in the Army's maintenance manual.  This can be obtained under a number of different brand names:

Sandstrom 28A
Everlube Lubribond 220
Perma-Slik G
Perma Slik GLF

The key feature of MIL-PRF-23398 is that it is graphite free.  

I believe that all of the above listed SFLs are available from Skygeek.

Oh, and McMaster doesn't carry any MIL-Spec SFLs, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lysanderxiii:

There are many types of solid film lubricant.  The type specified for the interior surfaces is MIL-PRF-46010, this is a heat curing, corrosion inhibiting solid film lubricant.  It is not available in aerosol cans, but is far superior to any of the air-curing types.

MIL-PRF-23398, Type II is the touch-up aerosol SFL specified in the Army's maintenance manual.  This can be obtained under a number of different brand names:

Sandstrom 28A
Everlube Lubribond 220
Perma-Slik G
Perma Slik GLF

The key feature of MIL-PRF-23398 is that it is graphite free.  

I believe that all of the above listed SFLs are available from Skygeek.

Oh, and McMaster doesn't carry any MIL-Spec SFLs, sorry.
View Quote

Thanks Sir, found it here.

https://skygeek.com/everlube-perm-silk-g-air-dry-mos2-solid-film-lubricant-16-oz-tube-mil-l-23398d-ppsgae.html
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top