Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/8/2024 7:20:41 AM EDT
Finally got around to building up my last AR and need an optic.   4 of my AR's have the carry handle open sights, while one has the Nikon on it.   Really like that simple scope, so want my last AR with the P-223 scope on it, but of course Nikon doesn't make scopes anymore.

What scope is similiar to the Nikon I can put on my last AR?    Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:30:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#1]
There a few different Nikon P-223 scopes of different magnification with different size and weight.   Burris 1-6 has a simple reticle and are very good.  I have been around a few Bushnell AR 1-4 and 1-6 scopes with simple reticle that have good glass and comparable to the Nikon.

Brownell’s has the Burris RT6 on sale with a Brownell’s mount for $369 which is a very good deal.

https://www.brownells.com/optics/scopes/rifle-scopes/rt-6-1-6x24mm-sfp-illuminated-rifle-scope/?sku=100027307

Here is a link to Midway USA that have 1-4 and 1-6 Bushnell AR series scope.  My son in law has a 1-4 and it is pretty decent for an inexpensive scope.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022466797?pid=397050
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By vmax84:
Finally got around to building up my last AR and need an optic.   4 of my AR's have the carry handle open sights, while one has the Nikon on it.   Really like that simple scope, so want my last AR with the P-223 scope on it, but of course Nikon doesn't make scopes anymore.

View Quote

Which magnification range?  There are several.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
Originally Posted By vmax84:

I know very little about scopes, as I've said, most of my stuff is open sights.    But on the bottom it says "3x32"........so I guess 3 power, which seems like a good fit for me.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a P 223 3x32 fixed power scope with the Bullet Drop Compensating reticle on one of my more basic set ups. With 55 and 62 grain bullets it is a point and shoot rifle out to around 300 yards on a 12 inch bullseye. I'm using a 50/200 zero as well. I could be more precise with it but it does what I want it to do. Namely, rounds on target in COM, beyond the fragmentation range. It'll be a little bit high over line of sight at 150 yards, back on at 200 yards, and and about 6 inches low at 300.

Damn shame Nikon quit making that scope. It's very fast to put into action with sufficient magnification for most situations I'm likely to find myself in. Keep looking OP, they turn up on the used market and occasionally some new in box units pop up here and there. Hopefully some scope maker will bring the design back. I like the zero resettable turrets and the size is just right for me. Better performance than an RDS and magnifier at less weight and clutter.
I know it's not much help OP, but keep looking.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at the Primary As SLx 1-6 series. They have options for .223 BDC reticles and are an excellent value.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:33:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cttb] [#6]
Vortex Spitfire 3x prism or one of the Primary Arms 3x prism sights will probably be closest in function.

That scope was just a simple, lightweight, fixed power scope. Prism scopes are all I know of the foot that bill anymore.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Prism sights are what you seek.

You won’t get as good of an eye box but just about any prism is going to have better glass and be more durable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:18:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vmax84] [#8]
Originally Posted By cttb:
Vortex Spitfire 3x prism or one of the Primary Arms 3x prism sights will probably be closest in function.

That scope was just a simple, lightweight, fixed power scope. Prism scopes are all I know of the foot that bill anymore.
View Quote

Is this what you are referencing?    Found this on Midwayusa.

I do have a Sig Romeo5 on my Extar.    Is this particular optic (the pic of the optic I posted) a better fit for my run of the mill 16" barrel AR than the Romeo5?

Thank u.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you look on Ebay?  There are a few 3x32 P-223 Nikons listed now.  Sales history show they pop up frequently.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nikon+p-223
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top