Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2024 5:56:20 PM EDT
It’s a complete pre-ban PWA Commando with “P” and “M” marked A1 upper with what looks like an original 10.5 barrel with a 5.5 moderator. Overall, it’s in good condition for its age with some handling marks and knicks. It’s a lower serial number of 11xxx. I tried looking on gunbroker for sold listings for complete rifles, but they’re very far in few in between, mainly just lowers are being sold. So, what’s it worth?

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:19:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dace] [#1]
PWA never built rifles they only sold lowers just an FYI. If its a real pre ban PWA lower the last one on GB sold for $1,184 which was stripped.  A complete rifle just like yours sold for $1,700 on 3/30/2024.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That FSB is strange. Looks like it's bolted together instead of pinned. No bayo lug.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: logickl] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dace:
PWA never built rifles they only sold lowers just an FYI. If its a real pre ban PWA lower the last one on GB sold for $1,184 which was stripped.  A complete rifle just like yours sold for $1,700 on 3/30/2024.
View Quote

Right, what I mean is if a distributor sold these with Colt uppers, it looks original because the lower and upper have the same paint finish and doesn’t look mixed. The lower is indeed pre-ban as the serial is in the 11,xxx range. Also, I saw that listing that sold on 3/30. The upper doesn’t look original to the lower as the paint scheme is different between the 2. Also, that upper is an A2, not an A1.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By logickl:

Right, what I mean is if a distributor sold these with Colt uppers, it looks original because the lower and upper have the same paint finish and doesn’t look mixed. The lower is indeed pre-ban as the serial is in the 11,xxx range. Also, I saw that listing that sold on 3/30. The upper doesn’t look original to the lower as the paint scheme is different between the 2. Also, that upper is an A2, not an A1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By logickl:

Stop trying to determine if the upper is original to the lower. PWA NEVER sold complete rifles.  There is zero way to show that upper was put onto that lower in 1982 or whenever it was done.  It could have been done 3 months ago. Its a frankengun but that doesnt mean it doesnt have value.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I think what they are trying to get across is the receiver is what brings the bucks in the ban states.
The rest of the parts are worth what they can be sold for anywhere,good or bad.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Stop trying to determine if the upper is original to the lower. PWA NEVER sold complete rifles.  There is zero way to show that upper was put onto that lower in 1982 or whenever it was done.  It could have been done 3 months ago. Its a frankengun but that doesnt mean it doesnt have value.
View Quote

You’re right, I was just surprised how well the paint matches up with the lower. I’m just trying to figure out what kind of barrel is in it. The BCG is Colt as it has the C stamp on it, but can’t find any markings on the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#7]
markings might be under the handguard

I think MA does preban exemptions for their AWB still. call a gunshop there. maybe a MA member would see it if a similar style question was asked in their hometown forum section.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
FWIW... that Lone Star hand grip is worth a few bucks to clone correct guys.
View Quote

This. I'd pop that off and sell it separately.

Or I'll be generous and swap the OP one of my A1 grips for the LSO.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Sold something very similar, on a pre-ban Sendra lower into Massachusetts for $900 before shipping & taxes last year.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Please post in the appraise, what is it worth thread.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top