Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/8/2024 6:13:23 PM EDT
Has been asked before, but are there any commercially available products or 3D-printable inserts to convert STANAGS or USGI 30rd magazines specifically to stack 9mm?

All the conversion products out there (MEAN Arms' EndoMag, CMMG, etc.) are all for PMAGs. Is there just an inherent issue with the feed lip geometry of STANAGs for this purpose?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By AKzgalore:
Has been asked before, but are there any commercially available products or 3D-printable inserts to convert STANAGS or USGI 30rd magazines specifically to stack 9mm?

All the conversion products out there (MEAN Arms' EndoMag, CMMG, etc.) are all for PMAGs. Is there just an inherent issue with the feed lip geometry of STANAGs for this purpose?
View Quote

More difficult to take apart for some, and I've had stanag mags that took magpul followers easily, and some that I would have to sand the follower for a half hour to get it to fit properly, so tolerance stacking issues come into play vs a molded mag. I would be interested to see a comparison to pmag sales vs stanag alum mag sales these days, lotta OEM and gov contracts have gone to pmag.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:

More difficult to take apart for some, and I've had stanag mags that took magpul followers easily, and some that I would have to sand the follower for a half hour to get it to fit properly, so tolerance stacking issues come into play vs a molded mag. I would be interested to see a comparison to pmag sales vs stanag alum mag sales these days, lotta OEM and gov contracts have gone to pmag.
View Quote

Valid grounds, especially in relation to functionality; guess I was wondering because I really like the aesthetic of a USGI. Building a GWOT clone in 9mm, and figured the best way to get close to it would be to have USGIs to go along with, not PMAGs...
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AKzgalore:

Valid grounds, especially in relation to functionality; guess I was wondering because I really like the aesthetic of a USGI. Building a GWOT clone in 9mm, and figured the best way to get close to it would be to have USGIs to go along with, not PMAGs...
View Quote

Have you tried to fit an existing cmmg/mean kit to a stanag for shits and giggles? May be able to make it work.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:

Have you tried to fit an existing cmmg/mean kit to a stanag for shits and giggles? May be able to make it work.
View Quote

When the Endomag inserts first came out all kinds of attempts were made to adapt them to metal mags.  None were very successful.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top