Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2023 3:58:11 AM EDT
I need a small handful of 20 round mags just a few for things like shooting from the bench or throwing in a pocket or having the rifle fit in a case with a magazine in it minor miscellaneous little stuff like that.

I don't need any sort of collector or vintage stuff they don't have to be cold they don't have to be aluminum or straight body or whatever they just need to work.

I know there is lancers and pmags and I think D&H and c products.

What do you like for a 20 round mag that's a current production item not some vintage collectible?

Thx.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Pmags are fine.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple Brownells straight mags and a couple PMags. Either one works fine, just whatever is in my range bag.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 8:16:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blstr89] [#3]
I use these D&H ones from BCM pretty much exclusively now…mostly 30s but I’ve got a handful of 20s for the exact purposes you listed.

They’re out of stock I see but put your email in to be notified, they come back into stock frequently enough. Can’t beat the price or quality in my opinion.

D&H 20 round mags
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Pmag would be my first choice of what is currently available.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
If. Shooting from the bench the pmag 10 round is great. I have a couple that I use with my ruger American Ranch and are very handy. I also have some old Colt 20 round magazines that I used on the rifle team for Shooting seated and prone. They also work great. I have a few straight original pmag 20 round magazines that are much smaller than the 3rd generation. All are great haven't been a problem.  Also good for safe storage so rifle fits and doesn't bump into everything.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gsd1983:
I have a couple Brownells straight mags and a couple PMags. Either one works fine, just whatever is in my range bag.
View Quote

Both of these for me aswell.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's worth the money for you. $25.00

https://charliescustomclones.com/mil-spec-usgi-m4-m16-20-round-gray-magazine-surefeed-from-okay-industries/
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a bunch of brownells 20’s
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
I have a bunch of brownells 20’s
View Quote

These are my favorites, along with Lancers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:

View Quote

ive never tried Lancer 20s but the three Lancer 30s I took for a class were so bad for fail to feed/extract after the first day I swapped back to pmags. They were the Lancer hybrid ones, but the two other guys from my department that also had those issued for the class reported the same issues.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:

ive never tried Lancer 20s but the three Lancer 30s I took for a class were so bad for fail to feed/extract after the first day I swapped back to pmags. They were the Lancer hybrid ones, but the two other guys from my department that also had those issued for the class reported the same issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:

I've never had any issues with Lancer, and I do train and shoot comps.  They don't feed quite as slick as Pmags do, but they feed well enough to work fine for me, including using steel case ammo.

Note that my 20s are generally used only for LR shooting, so they are not run as hard as my 30s, but still no issues.

They only mainstream "trusted" magazines that I have had issues with are Okay with steel case ammo.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:40:36 AM EDT
[#12]
D&H
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Rock River still has Okay in stock for $14. I just received 8 today.

Okay
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RTOinIraq:

Okay
View Quote

Were the Okay's the 30 round ones?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 8:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#15]
I like the D&H's. Have quite a few in 5.56 and 300blk. I have some of the older straight pmag too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bolt241:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bolt241:

Okay

People who have ordered from RRA have received okay and nhmtg 30rd mags and okay 20rd mags.  Note that nhmtg mags were made by okay.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought two batches of 5 from Rock River Arms. 20 rd was in a Surfed pouch/mared but the mags were OKAY straight walk old style finish aluminum.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Colt/Universal/Pmag/Lancer/Okay. All work fine for my needs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Prefer USGI..
But if not available I’m fine with Pmags and Lancers
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Unlike most people here, I have more 20 round AR mags than 30's as I like the shorter length for shooting from bench or shooting prone.  Based on my 25 years of shooting AR rifles/carbines/pistols here are my order of preference:

1. 20 round curved P-mag - I picked these up about 8 years ago and have never had any problem with them.  I also use them with 300BLK without any problem.  I've heard origional strait ones don't work as well but I have no experience with them.  
2. GI 20 round mags with aluminum follower - I have bunch of these from many years ago when they were $4-$5 each.  They are very reliable but I only load 18 rounds as it's an old habit of mine.  I have had some feeding problems when using 300BLK.  
3. 20 round 2nd generation Hexmag - I have 3 of these and they all seem to work well in my AR's based on 1 year of usage.  They seem to work well with 300BLK too.
4. 20 round Thermold mags - I know a lot of people talk shit about Thermolds but I had 10 of them back about 20 years ago and I never had any problem with them in my AR-15 or AR-180B.  

So these are my order of prefences based on my experience.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Admirer] [#21]
I have had good service from PMAG 20s and 10s in .223 and .300 BLK.  I just started trying Lancer 10s. I much prefer 10 and 20rd magazines for their compactness and ease of use at the bench. Plus, I can’t afford to fill the 30rd.

I have had no problems with D&H curved or PMAG straight 20s.

Hard to beat the PMAG 20s.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I just found so OKAY 2-21 20 rd straights in a surfed package.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By yobo:
Unlike most people here, I have more 20 round AR mags than 30's as I like the shorter length for shooting from bench or shooting prone.  Based on my 25 years of shooting AR rifles/carbines/pistols here are my order of preference:

1. 20 round curved P-mag - I picked these up about 8 years ago and have never had any problem with them.  I also use them with 300BLK without any problem.  I've heard origional strait ones don't work as well but I have no experience with them.  
2. GI 20 round mags with aluminum follower - I have bunch of these from many years ago when they were $4-$5 each.  They are very reliable but I only load 18 rounds as it's an old habit of mine.  I have had some feeding problems when using 300BLK.  
3. 20 round 2nd generation Hexmag - I have 3 of these and they all seem to work well in my AR's based on 1 year of usage.  They seem to work well with 300BLK too.
4. 20 round Thermold mags - I know a lot of people talk shit about Thermolds but I had 10 of them back about 20 years ago and I never had any problem with them in my AR-15 or AR-180B.  

So these are my order of prefences based on my experience.  

View Quote

@yobo

Do you feel the aluminum followers are better than any of the plastic followers? Any opinions of the John Masen (sp?) aftermarket aluminum followers?

Are you sure you have the Thermold mags rather than the Mastermold mags? I thought Thermold was Canadian and Mastermold was American.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Okay
View Quote
Just got my 20 rd mags (3) from RRA. They are Okay marked made in 2021. Under a week for shipping. Thanks @RTOinIraq for posting this. I ordered four more. I consider this a smoking deal since Okay shut their doors.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
Just got my 20 rd mags (3) from RRA. They are Okay marked made in 2021. Under a week for shipping. Thanks @RTOinIraq for posting this. I ordered four more. I consider this a smoking deal since Okay shut their doors.
View Quote

You're welcome
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#26]
PMag's and Brownell's have worked great for me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Lancer.  The bulk of my competition rounds are fired in 20 rounnd Lancer.

They come in colors, allowing easy segregation as well.  Like when doing load development.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:44:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#28]
Double
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 9:49:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#29]
The only 20s I have are C Products Duramags that I bought on a whim with another purchase, and they have worked great.

I am pissed off at my Okay E2 30 round mags, but I might get some of those 20 round mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top