Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2024 12:23:21 AM EDT
I'm fine with Magpul.

I'm fine with USGI aluminum straight bodies.

Do you prefer one over the other or something else?

For nostalgia I like the USGI aluminum straight 20rd but other than that I don't have a preference.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the old okay or colt 20s. They are great for shooting off a bench or ground. And they just work

As for newer I have the lancer 20 round mag that I use for my sbr. I like it for that cause it’s a two tone fde/black color and the black plastic just matches better. Mag also works great not one issue.

I have noticed though that the old go mags are a little shorter than the lancer is.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Pmag
Usgi 20

Lancer

I have not used the Lancers as much as usgi or pmags, but they do ok, so far.  They are tight fit with 20rds of ammo, though.  Takes more energy to seat with bolt closed than the others.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had good luck with Colt, Brownells, and Lancer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:52:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreatWaputi] [#5]
These are Okay mags:

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1750
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreatWaputi:
These are Okay mags:

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1750
View Quote

This is true. I ordered a bunch last month.

Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking I'm going to get a few of the USGI style 20rd mags.

I followed the link to the rock river okay mags.

I'm thinking $14 is a bit much?

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreatWaputi] [#8]
Originally Posted By TSH77769:

Am I wrong?
View Quote

You do realize Okay mags are no longer being produced, right? And RRA is the only source for 20-round Okay mags that I'm aware of, but it's your money.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I have Lancer 20 rounders, Magpul 20's and D&H 20's.  They all work in my AR's.  I don't have a preference and buy whichever of the 3 is cheaper when I need to add to the stash.

Can't remember paying more than $11. bucks a mag, for any of them.  I also have a couple of  10 rounders (Lancer) that I use only for load development.

And yes, I have way more 20 rounders,  than 30 rounders.  I like prone shooting off a bipod or my pack; keeping my pumpkin down; and besides I'm too damn old to run and gun any more.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GreatWaputi:

You do realize Okay mags are no longer being produced, right? And RRA is the only source for 20-round Okay mags that I'm aware of, but it's your money.
View Quote

I actually didn't know that at all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TSH77769:

Am I wrong?
View Quote

They're $14 shipped if you get 4 or more with free shipping over $50 and no tax. If usgi 20rd mags are what you're after then this is a buy it now price imo. As the other guy said Okay isnt making mags at anymore and I don't think anyone else is currently making usgi style 20rders.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top