Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2024 9:28:53 PM EDT
Link Here

It's a quad stack magazine and lower system that holds 53 rounds per mag.
Supposedly, it was developed for the IAR program, and looks pretty neat.
Could be really cool with a binary or other rapid fire trigger system.
I know at least one member here had / has one for T&E.
Tombstone Tactical has the lower with a mag for $229, and Desert Tech has the Loadout Kit with 4 mags and a standard AR magazine adapter for $189.
Seems pretty cool...
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw one at the gun store today.  I don't get it.  That's a lot of $$$ for a few more rounds vs a PMag 40.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It's on my want list.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:
Saw one at the gun store today.  I don't get it.  That's a lot of $$$ for a few more rounds vs a PMag 40.
View Quote

100%   ^^^

Hell, I feel that way about a 40, throws the whole system out of balance.  I would rather be more nimble and still able to carry the same loadout.  Mag changes would be brutally slow and it would handle like a tank.  If all you wanna do is make noise, by all means have at it.  I don't get it either
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:32:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: charliethwacker] [#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:06:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unrock] [#5]
I end up getting one of these Quattro lowers.  They are very nice.  Not sure if it solves anything but it is very well done.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#6]

I got two of the Schmiesser 60rd mags when PSA had a sale on them a year or so ago. Took 2 or 3 loadings and firings before I could get them to hold the full 60rds. The 2 I have work without fail.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:50:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: charliethwacker] [#7]
Yeah same process with mine, also have couple for ak clone
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I think a major goal of this was to keep as low of a vertical profile as a 30 round mag.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I find the concept interesting.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm almost sure it won't work but I'd like someone to load up some 458/375 socom in one and check function .
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:23:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Big-Bore] [#11]
I tried to get information about that but they blew me off, saying they had not tested for that round and did not seem interested in doing so.  I was about 60% there on buying a lower and mag to try but their email to me was so terst that I said screw it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
I tried to get information about that but they blew me off, saying they had not tested for that round and did not seem interested in doing so.  I was about 60% there on buying a lower and mag to try but their email to me was so terst that I said screw it.
View Quote

They designed it for the 5.56 IAR.
Not surprised they don't care much about other cartridges.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, yah, no kidding.  But…if they tested it for other calibers that use unmodifed AR mags. Like the .300 BO, .458 SOCOM, .375 SOCOM, or any of the SOCOM cats, and it worked, look at the increased marketing potential.  Or, maybe they don’t give a crap about increased marketing potential, or, maybe they did test and they didn’t work but for some reason they don’t want to say so.  Who the frack knows; they aren’t saying.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top