Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2024 6:47:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SickMAK90]
Which of these two would you prefer and why? It would be going on a run of the mill 16” middy.

Edit::: I should have said “would you trade a EXPS2-0 for a pro? I actually already have the eotech but I have a buddy who might want to trade for a pro.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the Eotech, but only bc I shoot better with it. It could be me and my vision though. It’s not the reticle shape because I shoot better with it than I do with my Holosun 510C. So maybe is the holographic tech that suits me better.

The downside is it can’t be left on like you can with Aimpoints or most red dots.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I jump back and forth between just a dot on a T2 and the Eotech reticle.
At the moment I'm digging the Eotech again because of the reticle.
I think the only downside to the Eotech is the battery life but I carry an extra in the grip.
Can you look through both at a local gun shop and decide from there?

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
I jump back and forth between just a dot on a T2 and the Eotech reticle.
At the moment I'm digging the Eotech again because of the reticle.
I think the only downside to the Eotech is the battery life but I carry an extra in the grip.
Can you look through both at a local gun shop and decide from there?

View Quote

I actually have the eotech already. I got it with a trade and basically have nothing in it. A buddy has a LNIB pro and he’s trying to get me to trade. Like a decade ago I had a ML3 and never recall having any issues with it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the eotech that has a single dot for a reticle.  Just something about it that works for me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Over those 2 choices, I’d prefer EOTech but if you like aimpoint, get a slightly used H2. Way lighter.

Or if you consider Holosun, the AEMS is good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Aimpoint Pro. It has (very poor) NVG capability and better battery life (1000hrs vs 30000hrs).
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Depends on how you see using it. Using mainly at the range, giant window of the eotech and using the circle dot for close range holdovers is nice.

Anything that you might grab at a moment's notice to defend yourself, the batter life of the aimpoint is very hard to beat.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:38:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#8]
EOtech XPS/EXPS-3 for NV use.

If no NV, get Aimpoint or Holosun.

While the PRO is ok with NV, it’s not great because of noticeable tint. Although the T2 does do very well with NV, too… almost as good as EOtech. All of the HS dots (even the pricey ones) are very similarly to the PRO and have notable tint compared to EO or T2… certainly usable but not ideal.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top