User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/27/2022 6:53:48 PM EDT

F5 Mfg MSS kit for the Palmetto State Armory JAKL
from the description for their complete lower -

We aren't running a simple 1913 picatinny adapter that will flex and twist under force. The F5 Mfg adapter locks into the receiver in two ways: The first being the shear and flex resistant primary attachment point to the reciver extension, the second are the robust anti-rotation tabs that cradle each side the reciever resulting in a marriage between upper receiver, lower receiver, and stock.

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it. $300 on sale ($400 regular) is steep, but I do like it. Curious how the actual quality and durability is. It also needs to come in FDE and ODG too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
This looks awesome!
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 2:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Cant find hardly any reviews or info on it anywhere. Some one is going to have to buy one and review it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
fuck, I like that...a lot...I just bought my 300BO JAKL, and am buying the UIC lower for the upper, so this would make my JAKL the ultimate firearm in all the world...HAHAHAHAHA

ok, maybe not, but it would look really rad...HMMM
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lvjeffro:
fuck, I like that...a lot...I just bought my 300BO JAKL, and am buying the UIC lower for the upper, so this would make my JAKL the ultimate firearm in all the world...HAHAHAHAHA

ok, maybe not, but it would look really rad...HMMM
View Quote

If you end up buying the stock can you please come back here and post a review on it? Let everyone know how it work?
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 1:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]
So does it come with the JAKL (or JAKL compatible) end cap? It looks like it does, which would save you $99 if you’re building a JAKL from the ground up. That takes the a little bit of the sting out of $399 for a stock…
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 4:37:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ebolinux:

If you end up buying the stock can you please come back here and post a review on it? Let everyone know how it work?
View Quote

For sure, but since that is a stock and my JAKL is a pistol, it will have to wait until after I get my UIC lower, and form 1 that...So, it will be a minute...

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lvjeffro:
For sure, but since that is a stock...
View Quote

You would have to "design" it as a brace, and since BATFE considers the end user to be a "Manufacturer" for legal purposes, you would need to deliver the magic incantation during the Manufacturing Event...

"I DESIGN THIS AS.... A STABILIZING BRACE!"

All jokes aside though... what exactly are they selling for $700 that still has the word "kit" in it???

It's not clear.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikev101:

You would have to "design" it as a brace, and since BATFE considers the end user to be a "Manufacturer" for legal purposes, you would need to deliver the magic incantation during the Manufacturing Event...

"I DESIGN THIS AS.... A STABILIZING BRACE!"

All jokes aside though... what exactly are they selling for $700 that still has the word "kit" in it???

It's not clear.
View Quote
This is the 'Kit'

The F5 Mfg MSS kit for the Palmetto State Armory JAKL will take your gun to the the next level. Our modular left side folding stock system is ultra rigid, ultra rugged, lightweight, and simple to operate. Not to mention it looks great. Also included is our in house manufactured billet lower receiver and stock adapter. The pairing of these two components is essential in bring you a product you can count on. We aren't running a simple 1913 picatinny adapter that will flex and twist under force. The F5 Mfg adapter locks into the receiver in two ways: The first being the shear and flex resistant primary attachment point to the reciver extension, the second are the robust anti-rotation tabs that cradle each side the reciever resulting in a marriage between upper receiver, lower receiver, and stock. Simply put, it is the best stock system you can put on your JAKL.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, OK... so Stock + Buffer + Built Lower.

Not so bad!

I do not think that the better hinges (SIG, MI) flex under pressure though...
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the JAKL page on F5's website blank for anyone else? Every other page comes up as normal, except the JAKL page.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone own one of these stocks?
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
They need to design a brace.  But maybe they are waiting for the ATF proposal to drop first?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Ordered a 300 Blackout upper today and the F5 Mfg stock. Already have a form 1 SBR lower to install it on. Will post pictures when it arrives, and I get it together.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#15]
This is pretty sick. I wonder how terrible it would look on
My sig mcx.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Couple days after I buy the stock only the complete lower goes on sale for $499. I would have bought it, used my SBR lower while I waited for the tax stamp to clear on the F5 lower....... always happens to me.

$499 -  MSS COMPLETE ADAPTER KIT FOR PSA JAKL – BLACK
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Received the PSA JAKL 300 Blackout Upper today. Still waiting for F5 MFG to ship the stock. They charged me the day I placed the order but have gone silent since then.

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#18]
F5 MFG has a sale going on right now, time to buy if you are interested.

Was able to contact them through email and had them change my order from black to Cerakote in Magpul OD.

Going to delay receiving my stock but it's middle of winter in Alaska so I'm in no real rush.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#19]
My F5 brace for my stribog based snapped in half. Very disappointing. It's also based off the acr stock.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
My F5 brace for my stribog based snapped in half. Very disappointing. It's also based off the acr stock.
View Quote
I emailed them before Christmas about availability of just the JAKL stock adapter and a few other questions.  They said the adapter most likely would not be sold by itself before Feb 2023 at the soonest.  Oh well, I can wait.  One of the other items I asked about was the Brace adapter for their system.  I was told, they are switching from 3D printed to aluminum parts for this around the same time frame.  So, more waiting.

F5 MFG MODULAR STOCK SYSTEM LOWER ADAPTER FOR SHORT BRACE   BLACK

and, no, I do not have any financial interest in this company, other than as a customer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Grimjaw5:
I emailed them before Christmas about availability of just the JAKL stock adapter and a few other questions.  They said the adapter most likely would not be sold by itself before Feb 2023 at the soonest.  Oh well, I can wait.  One of the other items I asked about was the Brace adapter for their system.  I was told, they are switching from 3D printed to aluminum parts for this around the same time frame.  So, more waiting.

F5 MFG MODULAR STOCK SYSTEM LOWER ADAPTER FOR SHORT BRACE   BLACK

https://f5mfgprod.wpenginepowered.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/F5-MFG-MODULAR-STOCK-SYSTEM-LOWER-ADAPTER-FOR-SHORT-BRACE-SIDE-PROFILE-VIEW-scaled-1-1500x1125.jpg

and, no, I do not have any financial interest in this company, other than as a customer.
View Quote
The piece you pictured is what broke in half on me. Happened during transportation to the range. I never even got to shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Still waiting for F5 MFG to ship my stock. Have all the other pieces installed, stock is the last part needed to complete my build.

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:13:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JeepinMark] [#23]
Been over a month since I placed my order with F5 MFG and they charged my credit card. Received an email today that it will be another week to week and a half before they ship. Mildly frustrated with F5 MFG, wouldn't really care but they charged my card the day I placed the order instead of when the product is ready to ship and then charge my card. They also charge a 25% restocking fee if you cancel an order, even if unfulfilled. Can't say I've ever seen a seller with this policy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I do kinda dig the "this is the SACR-L we have at home" look.  Sucks that F5 seems to not really have their shit together as a manufacturer/business yet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone know of this stock locks in the folded position or does it only lock in the straight stock position?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:09:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JeepinMark] [#26]
Stock arrived tonight and I was able to install it on my PSA Form 1 lower.

First thing I noticed is when side folded the stock flops around, there is no retention to hold it in place when folded, this was pointed out in a couple YT video's I watched so it was not a surprise. The quality of the plastic/molding is acceptable, on par with Magpul stocks, but at a premium price. Speaking of price I paid $359 shipped, this was full price minus military discount and prior to going on sale for $299. I emailed and asked if I they would refund the difference in price since my order was a month old and had no shipped, I didn't get a response to my email. Email in general was hit or miss. I emailed and asked for my stock to be Cerakote it in Magpul ODG, received a response that a note would be added to my order, received my stock and it was not Cerakoted. I emailed tonight about the stock not being ceraketed, will be interesting see if I get a response. Email is the only point of contact with F5 MFG, but I found it too not be reliable. Take it for what it's worth, this is my sample size of one. I'm not knocking them, but simply stating what my experience was. Ordered 28 Dec, received 21 Feb, received 2 emails during this time addressing the delay, one a general email stating stocks would ship in a week to a week and a half and a response to my email 2 weeks later asking for an update. Looking back the 2nd email I was told my order would be expedited and that could be why the request for cerakote was missed.

EDIT: Already received a response to my email, F5 MFG stated "we will get this fixed, and I apologize for the inconvenience". Will see how they handle it. Quickest response I have received to an email yet.  

I was considering ordering their stock for my STRIBOG and CZ Scorpion but after this purchase decided to consider other options.

Going to the range this weekend to try it out. I'm a sub only 300 Blackout shooter (yes another one) and I hope it cycles.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JeepinMark:
Stock arrived tonight and I was able to install it on my PSA Form 1 lower.

First thing I noticed is when side folded the stock flops around, there is no retention to hold it in place when folded, this was pointed out in a couple YT video's I watched so it was not a surprise. The quality of the plastic/molding is acceptable, on par with Magpul stocks, but at a premium price. Speaking of price I paid $359 shipped, this was full price minus military discount and prior to going on sale for $299. I emailed and asked if I they would refund the difference in price since my order was a month old and had no shipped, I didn't get a response to my email. Email in general was hit or miss. I emailed and asked for my stock to be Cerakote it in Magpul ODG, received a response that a note would be added to my order, received my stock and it was not Cerakoted. I emailed tonight about the stock not being ceraketed, will be interesting see if I get a response. Email is the only point of contact with F5 MFG, but I found it too not be reliable. Take it for what it's worth, this is my sample size of one. I'm not knocking them, but simply stating what my experience was. Ordered 28 Dec, received 21 Feb, received 2 emails during this time addressing the delay, one a general email stating stocks would ship in a week to a week and a half and a response to my email 2 weeks later asking for an update. Looking back the 2nd email I was told my order would be expedited and that could be why the request for cerakote was missed.

EDIT: Already received a response to my email, F5 MFG stated "we will get this fixed, and I apologize for the inconvenience". Will see how they handle it. Quickest response I have received to an email yet.  

I was considering ordering their stock for my STRIBOG and CZ Scorpion but after this purchase decided to consider other options.

Going to the range this weekend to try it out. I'm a sub only 300 Blackout shooter (yes another one) and I hope it cycles.

https://tinypic.host/images/2023/02/22/JAKL-F5.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the update! I recently had 2 of the F5 stocks in cart before I found this thread and was convinced to eject.
It is apparent that F5 customer service sucks and even worse, the product is suspect.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:22:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: schiffer99] [#28]
Double thanks for the thorough report. I am waiting on a form 1 for my jakl and was considering this as an option: not anymore.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Email response has improved. Received another email from F5, they are going to ship out another stock in green and a return label for the black stock. Don’t know if the delays before was because of the holidays or other issues. Service after the sale has been great so far.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
i ordered one for my scorpion about 6 weeks ago. it just shipped yesterday. don't expect to get it anytime soon. Everything i read about them was pretty positive and that they are well made.
View Quote

I’d be interested in seeing this on a scorpion.  Hit me up when you get it in. I’ve been looking for something better than the factory stock.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I ordered the FDE back in January and received it 2 days ago. The FDE version on their site shows everything FDE including the Hinge/attachment point.

Stock received was FDE but hinge/attachment point is black. I plan to email them about it.

Pro's its very sturdy, feels really good, and has plenty of adjustments.

Con it does kinda flop when folded (not a huge issue to me as it'll only be folded for transport).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Sent my black F5 stock back and have an ODG replacement stock in route. Will be interested to see if the mount is black or ODG.

You have the same observations I had. Still have not shot my JAKL yet, hard to do without a stock.

Originally Posted By Vik:
I ordered the FDE back in January and received it 2 days ago. The FDE version on their site shows everything FDE including the Hinge/attachment point.

Stock received was FDE but hinge/attachment point is black. I plan to email them about it.

Pro's its very sturdy, feels really good, and has plenty of adjustments.

Con it does kinda flop when folded (not a huge issue to me as it'll only be folded for transport).
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2023 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 6:16:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#36]
Vik, that looks really cool.  Would you mind posting a picture with the stock in its fully extended position?  Does it have a cheek riser?  If so, would you post a pic with it in the up position?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:06:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JeepinMark] [#37]
Received replacement ODG F5 stock and installed today. It's -23 outside so I'm not going to make it to the outdoor range today. Bought 4 different brands of 300 Blackout ammo to try once it warms up a little.

The replacement stock adapter and stock cerakoted ODG. I like the look, bottom picture is other Form 1 SBR that I built over 10 years ago, it's an all PSA build that has been rock solid.

Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Vik, that looks really cool.  Would you mind posting a picture with the stock in its fully extended position?  Does it have a cheek riser?  If so, would you post a pic with it in the up position?
View Quote

I'll have to take on later, but I will. Yes it has a 2 position cheek riser. Up/down.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer] [#39]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:[/b]
@Girthrockwel

now that i have my paperwork.... second pic shows the riser deployed. it's not much

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/104/cz1-2739675.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/104/cz-2739674.jpg
View Quote

Nice man!  If you’re around this weekend I might hit you up and come check that out. Here’s my scorpion (no freeloading )

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I got my F5 MSS stock this week, only had a chance to install it today.

It locks up tight, but as already said it might get loose with age when open... that said, I rarely fold my side folding stocks. Only real complaint I have about it is the prominent "F5" shield logo on the sides of the mounting block, but at least it isn't white.

It definitely gives the Jakl a "Poor Man's ACR" look. I now kind of wish someone made a MOE style polymer handguard for the Jakl upper... then again I'm not sure if one would even work like the metal MLOK handguard works.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Nice. And they had the brains to make it a left side folder so it’s actually better than the Magpul.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Forgive me for resurrecting the thread:

Just got my Stamp today and I am thinking to get one for my Stribog:
https://doublemdefense.com/product/f5-mfg-acr-havoc-stock/
Looks like it is now shipping (at least in the Stribog variant) with
an aluminum adapter rather than earlier plastic ones.

Two questions for current owners :
Are you still happy with it?
Does it come with QD cups or what kind of sling attachment options?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Heard some buzz that the F5 stocks are shitty 3D printed parts, brittle and break. Maybe earlier ones were injection molded or higher infill? Kinda shitty to charge so much for ass quality.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 10:36:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#46]
I picked up a "blem" FDE lower from PSA with this stock yesterday.
$299 +tax/shipping
Couldn't find a blemish.
Stock isn't bad, same issues listed above, i may make some minor mods to it.
Don't know that I'd pay MSRP for one.

Form1 to SBR it was sent in last night.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
$299 +tax/shipping
Couldn't find a blemish.

View Quote

I was looking at those blem lowers. Is there any difference between the 5.56 and .300blk lowers other than the engraving?  I would think being basically AR lowers that they should be identical other than markings.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

I was looking at those blem lowers. Is there any difference between the 5.56 and .300blk lowers other than the engraving?  I would think being basically AR lowers that they should be identical other than markings.
View Quote

Just the engraving
The Jakl lower is an AR lower.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
$299 +tax/shipping
Couldn't find a blemish.

View Quote

Did the same here, just have not submitted the Form 1 yet
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the heads up on the PSA blem lower with the F5 stock. That’s like getting the F5 stock for $300, with a free complete lower. Plus I’m buying directly from PSA because I’ve heard nothing but horror stories about wait times when buying it directly from F5.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top