AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 3:15:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
Thanks for the heads up on the PSA blem lower with the F5 stock. That’s like getting the F5 stock for $300, with a free complete lower. Plus I’m buying directly from PSA because I’ve heard nothing but horror stories about wait times when buying it directly from F5.
View Quote

Yeah the stock is OK, but no way i would pay asking price for it by itself
So YAY psa blem sales
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 5:33:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Retro556] [#2]
Has anyone had trouble with the mounting screw not fully seating into the stock assembly on their F5 stocks? I received my OD F5 Jakl stock yesterday (ordered 7/15/23). I did test the mounting screw by threading it in a bit before attempting to mount it to the lower. It was tight but thought is would be ok (should have tried to screw it in further). Long story short, I attempted to mount the stock to the lower and the screw became tighter and tighter as I screwed it into the stock assembly. I decided to back it out but the Alan wrench socket in the screw broke up. Fortunately there was enough room for a hack saw blade between the lower and the stock assembly to cut in off. I'll use the PSA picatinny adapter I purchased in the interim but will have to send the F5 stock back to get the issue sorted out. Really want to like the F5 stock but their customer service has plenty of room to improve. I sent 4 emails asking for updates on when it would ship and got no response until it shipped.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

Yeah the stock is OK, but no way i would pay asking price for it by itself
So YAY psa blem sales
View Quote

Just got my blem complete JAKL lower with this stock ($299) and I have to agree. I like the stock, but not at $250+ for the stock itself.

The points of the "ears" on the side are needlessly sharp. Since I was going to cerakote that piece FDE anyway, I rounded off those super sharp corners.

Other than the price being a bit high, the only thing I actually don't like about the stock is that it is not molded in FDE. It's black and painted whatever other color. I don't know of any other company manufacturing gun stocks/furniture out of polymer that does this.

Annoyingly, the aluminum part that interfaces with the lower and hinges to the stock only comes in black. You'd think, since they are painting the stocks, they could paint that part to match.

I have been using mostly Mission First Tactical minimalist stock because they have a long 90 degree "hook" so you can use to hang the gun from. I altered the F5 stock in a similar way, which is how I discovered it's just painted.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:17:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#4]
Originally Posted By hhsmiley:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/8660/20230903_190726_jpg-2943028.JPG

Just got my blem complete JAKL lower with this stock ($299) and I have to agree. I like the stock, but not at $250+ for the stock itself.

The points of the "ears" on the side are needlessly sharp. Since I was going to cerakote that piece FDE anyway, I rounded off those super sharp corners.

Other than the price being a bit high, the only thing I actually don't like about the stock is that it is not molded in FDE. It's black and painted whatever other color. I don't know of any other company manufacturing gun stocks/furniture out of polymer that does this.

Annoyingly, the aluminum part that interfaces with the lower and hinges to the stock only comes in black. You'd think, since they are painting the stocks, they could paint that part to match.

I have been using mostly Mission First Tactical minimalist stock because they have a long 90 degree "hook" so you can use to hang the gun from. I altered the F5 stock in a similar way, which is how I discovered it's just painted.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/8660/20230903_190726_jpg-2943031.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/8660/20230904_120611_jpg-2943033.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/8660/20230903_190324_jpg-2943034.JPG
View Quote

The mod you did looks great. I like to hold the stock against me when I shoot for groups so if I do get a JAKL that will be a must.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By d16man:

@hhsmiley

When you did the mod, did you notice if it was tan polymer or just cerakoted black?
View Quote

The lower/main part of the stock is molded in black and painted FDE. I think all of them are molded black and the OD and FDE are painted. I do think the cheek riser piece is molded in tan but not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:54:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pogmothoin] [#8]
will this work on regular ar lower?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:55:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By pogmothoin:
will this work on regular ar lower?
View Quote

Yes it will.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By hhsmiley:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/8660/20230903_190324_jpg-2943034.JPG
View Quote

I thought I was the only one who did that, ha.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top