Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2023 8:07:52 AM EDT
Hey all,

For those interested in just the F5 stock for the JAKL, PSA is selling a lower build kit that consists of the stock and a lower build kit for $259. Cheaper than the stock by itself and includes a lower build kit you could save for spare parts.

JAKL F5 Stock + Lower parts kit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Speaking of the stock, is it easy to knock out the pin, separate the hinge, and take the stock off?

Basically, I have a short upper I intend to pin and weld a can to and make it 16".  But I would like to shoot it with the can first to test function.
I have ordered the complete jakl lower with this F5 stock on it.  I'm trying to figure out if its easier to move all the jakl parts over to an already SBRd lower or just knock the hinge pin out and take the stock off while I test the function.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m not sure to be honest. But if it’s just attached to the rear of the JAKL-specific buffer tube replacement, then the stock should be attached via piccatiny. Though again, I can’t confirm this.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
Speaking of the stock, is it easy to knock out the pin, separate the hinge, and take the stock off?

Basically, I have a short upper I intend to pin and weld a can to and make it 16".  But I would like to shoot it with the can first to test function.
I have ordered the complete jakl lower with this F5 stock on it.  I'm trying to figure out if its easier to move all the jakl parts over to an already SBRd lower or just knock the hinge pin out and take the stock off while I test the function.
View Quote
I am not sure on Easy, but is possible.  This the same stock but for CZ Scorpion

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Its easy to remove the hinge pin. Hardest part about reinstalling is getting the spring in place. I took mine completely apart and repainted. cerapaint was way too thick and chalky. They also painted it while assembled, so buttons were same color. I wanted green stock with black buttons. The hinge button is a giant pain in the ass to remove.

Construction is injection molded, contrary to earlier reports of 3D printing and being very fragile. This batch seems pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks just cost me some more money
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 1:09:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker] [#6]
I have the F5 on my 5.56 Jakl and it leaves much to be desired.  It is the best looking stock I have found, but it won't even pretend to lock in the folded position.

PSA needs to fix this and fast.  Yes I know they don't make the F5, but they need to design a better version and get it to market ASAP

ETA: Has anybody found anything better?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice find, thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the F5 stock and it won't lock when folded either. I thought I read on the PSA forum that their version would lock when folded. Guess that was misinformation.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#9]
would installing a stiffer/stronger spring help with the floppy stock in the folded position?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:
would installing a stiffer/stronger spring help with the floppy stock in the folded position?
View Quote

No, a lot of it has to do with the plastic ramp on the stock and the aluminum folding mechanism. The plastic deforms the first time you fold it. It needs to be designed to have aluminum on the stock that interacts on the folding mechanism.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:01:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stanprophet09] [#11]
View Quote

Brrrt
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the F5 on my 5.56 Jakl and it leaves much to be desired.  It is the best looking stock I have found, but it won't even pretend to lock in the folded position.

PSA needs to fix this and fast.  Yes I know they don't make the F5, but they need to design a better version and get it to market ASAP

ETA: Has anybody found anything better?
View Quote

Haga
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Their MBT looks excellent on the JAKL
Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top