Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2024 7:11:43 PM EDT
Hello all:
Yea, I know it's 24 years since I registered.......

I'm an old guy, been loading since '73, shooting since I was a pup. From the wheat country of eastern Colo. I've accumulated several rifles and handguns.  I load for 'em all. There's a couple 223's in the bunch, one std, and one AI. Almost all have heavy barrels.  I developed this disease in the '90's, I blame it on my kid, he got me enthralled with the old Rem Senderos.

I've ordered a 24-inch heavy bbl AR from CBC Industries. No particular reason, 'cept I just like the long heavy barrels, and I liked their assy arrangement. And it'll be handy in the prairie dog fields. That, combined with Colorado's upcoming ban on ARs, I decided to enter the fray. All that, and it'll be one more gun my kids will have to dispose of when I check out. I've never been particularly enthused with ARs but decided it's time to try one out.  I'll be assembling this gun from their rifle kit. I'm not a 'mag dump' guy, so I'll be handloading for this rig. I'll use some factory Black Hills stuff to break it in.

I'm gonna peruse as many 'build' posts I can, and learn what I need to get this toy built and shooting.

Thanks for reading, -West out
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
2007 and this is your first post?! Welcome again!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:17:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#3]
Originally Posted By WestDivide:
Hello all:
Yea, I know it's 24 years since I registered.......

I'm an old guy, been loading since '73, shooting since I was a pup. From the wheat country of eastern Colo. I've accumulated several rifles and handguns.  I load for 'em all. There's a couple 223's in the bunch, one std, and one AI. Almost all have heavy barrels.  I developed this disease in the '90's, I blame it on my kid, he got me enthralled with the old Rem Senderos.

I've ordered a 24-inch heavy bbl AR from CBC Industries. No particular reason, 'cept I just like the long heavy barrels, and I liked their assy arrangement. And it'll be handy in the prairie dog fields. That, combined with Colorado's upcoming ban on ARs, I decided to enter the fray. All that, and it'll be one more gun my kids will have to dispose of when I check out. I've never been particularly enthused with ARs but decided it's time to try one out.  I'll be assembling this gun from their rifle kit. I'm not a 'mag dump' guy, so I'll be handloading for this rig. I'll use some factory Black Hills stuff to break it in.

I'm gonna peruse as many 'build' posts I can, and learn what I need to get this toy built and shooting.

Thanks for reading, -West out
View Quote

Registered in 2007? 24 years? Fuzzy math. Welcome to the madness.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, prepare yourself for the onset of BRD…Black Rifle Disorder…where you build a collection of them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
"Registered in 2007? 24 years? Fuzzy math. Welcome to the madness."

I can't find it to quote it, but somewhere there's a statement telling me I last visited in 2000.  So not fuzzy math (lots of other things are fuzzy, tho'). While I read the site posts occasionally, never been inclined to get involved in AR discussions. Now I have a reason.

And on "BRD - black rifle disease, is that a subset or precursor of heavy barrel disease? I confess to the latter.....

I'll see ya around the board, after my parts arrive.

-West out
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WestDivide:
"Registered in 2007? 24 years? Fuzzy math. Welcome to the madness."

I can't find it to quote it, but somewhere there's a statement telling me I last visited in 2000.  So not fuzzy math (lots of other things are fuzzy, tho'). While I read the site posts occasionally, never been inclined to get involved in AR discussions. Now I have a reason.

-West out
View Quote

It's a site glitch.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: Today 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome 2007 !!!
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top