Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2024 9:18:24 PM EDT
I just posted in the Industry Page but just found this area for the JAKL.... I am picking up my 10.5 BLEM pistol tomorrow and want to remove the factory flash hider and install my AAC suppressor mount.  My dad is a TV repair man and has lots of tools so maybe he has something..... (sorry bad joke).  For ARs I have a pretty well equipped Armorers kit but not sure the best and safest way to hold the JAKL to remove and reinstall the muzzle device.  Any suggestions would be welcomed...

Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I think either a barrel clamp or, not sure if works, but a reaction rod to engage the barrel extension.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:
I think either a barrel clamp or, not sure if works, but a reaction rod to engage the barrel extension.
View Quote
Not sure if a Reaction rod will work... Was thinking that but aren't they made to slide into the AR upper like a bolt?  IDK...
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I just used a regular ole lower receiver vise block. Did this very thing a few hours ago on mine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 1:51:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#4]
If you are not planning to try to save the flash hider/muzzle device you could just use a Dremel tool/grinder and cold chisel.

See this archived post:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/so-i-decided-to-dremel-out-a-pinned-muzzle-break/118-709894/
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By -Shaggs-:
I just used a regular ole lower receiver vise block. Did this very thing a few hours ago on mine.
View Quote
Ok.. I like your answer... After looking at a few of the threads where the upper was completely disassembled I believe it won't be much of an issue.. I knew it was completely different than a standard AR but was just asking for moral support.... I can't wait till to get it... I have always wanted a forward charging handle it makes so much sense to me!  I'll let you know how it goes...!
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wparkinson:
Ok.. I like your answer... After looking at a few of the threads where the upper was completely disassembled I believe it won't be much of an issue.. I knew it was completely different than a standard AR but was just asking for moral support.... I can't wait till to get it... I have always wanted a forward charging handle it makes so much sense to me!  I'll let you know how it goes...!
View Quote

I have a Jakl SBR in 5.56 with a folding stock and it is one of my favorite guns.
Haven’t shot it suppressed yet but I’m going to next range session.

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea that was a non-issue... came right off...  Now just got to clean it up good and get the rattle can ready!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
My new "BLEM" Jakl!!

Just out of the box.....
Untitled by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

A few little changes...
Untitled by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm bummed my upper didn't come with one of those sweet stickers. :-(
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By -Shaggs-:
I'm bummed my upper didn't come with one of those sweet stickers. :-(
View Quote

Hell, I bought a complete rifle and didn't get one either.

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top