Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2024 7:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tony44]
Sometimes you forget when you buy stuff. Anyways found a box of like 30 mixed Gen 1 Pmags and Gen 1 Lancers.

These things good to go or did I have to keep an eye on them for any issues?

Thanks for the info.

Found a couple or thermolds and orlites too. Fun day.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:13:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#1]
Gen 1 Lancers had follower issues and Gen 1 PMAG’s are fragile. I wouldn’t trust either for anything serious.

Lancer will cover you if you have problems.

Magpul used to take care of it, but it appears their customer service has been purged and getting them to cover anything these days is like hitting the lottery.

If you have FDE or OD green Gen 1 PMAG’s you might be able to flip them for a little profit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Lancer will cover you if you have problems.

View Quote

NOPE. I Tried a Month or So Ago and They Would Not Warranty a Mag that had a "Chunk" of Plastic Fall Out While Cleaning It. Was Told by Lancer CS it was a Gen 1 and the Clear Polymer that They Used Back Then was Not the Stuff They Use Today (IE: Brittle), So I Was SOL According to Them. I JB Welded the Piece Back in. So Far So Good.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Tony44:
Sometimes you forget when you buy stuff. Anyways found a box of like 30 mixed Gen 1 Pmags and Gen 1 Lancers.

These things good to go or did I have to keep an eye on them for any issues?

Thanks for the info.

View Quote

all of my generations of pmags still work including the pmags I carried in OIF
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly I would turn them loose on ee or broker and make some money. Then buy new mags. Collectors like when forgotten boxes get found
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By huntsman45:

NOPE. I Tried a Month or So Ago and They Would Not Warranty a Mag that had a "Chunk" of Plastic Fall Out While Cleaning It. Was Told by Lancer CS it was a Gen 1 and the Clear Polymer that They Used Back Then was Not the Stuff They Use Today (IE: Brittle), So I Was SOL According to Them. I JB Welded the Piece Back in. So Far So Good.
View Quote

Dang that’s crazy. I had them swap my Gen 1’s out some years ago. Bummer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't Magpul build their reputation on the Gen 1's?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a bunch of Gen 1 pmags in my training mag rotation.  I broke 1 or 2.  Otherwise they are still running like champs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By magwizard:
Honestly I would turn them loose on ee or broker and make some money. Then buy new mags. Collectors like when forgotten boxes get found
View Quote

^ this is what I would do
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tony44:

View Quote
Somehow I never wound up with Orlites. Yes on Thermolds, but not Orlites. I wonder how I missed those.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Run 'em as range mags and toss them when/if they fail.  Be sure to crush them before you throw them into the range bin.

say... Are any of the PMAgs straight 20's?   OD straight 20's?  

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By pb57:
View Quote
They did but now it's all about big military contracts
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I just used some gen 1 pmags I've had loaded and sitting in an ammo can since they first came out. They worked fine, I loaded them back up and fired all the ammo several times. I probably wouldn't go to war with them but they worked.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:20:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#13]
Originally Posted By pb57:
View Quote

They did but they weren’t the indestructible power house the M3’s are. The overall design and polymers have been significantly changed over the years due to breakage, fit, and degradation enhancements.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:42:48 AM EDT
[#14]
No, all 30s
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Some people collect that stuff, put them in the EE and buy new stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I have some LaRue stealth gray pmags. Bought them around 2011ish. Any idea the Gen of them?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Delta10mm:
I have some LaRue stealth gray pmags. Bought them around 2011ish. Any idea the Gen of them?
View Quote

M2
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Delta10mm:
View Quote

Wow. Didn't know LaRue had Magpul make any stealth Grey's for them. I have 10 or so of the LaRue UDE Lancers. Wish I had gotten more of them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top