Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:13:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#1]
I bought Midwest drop in quad rails for two of my PCRs.  OEM type handguards suck with no gas tube, a vertical grip moves all over the place.  The Midwest quads are so tight, you would mistake them for a free float.  They are a no-hardware drop in. Shorty grip and a light are all I need.

Not so shorty grip, 5.56 Colt:

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#2]
M-lok here. I want the least amount of weight possible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:33:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#3]
Curious where the Crane tests for MLOK durability are not convincing enough.

Weight, profile, ubiquitousness of options...MLOK is GTG from my end.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of my stuff has been quad, but I decided to go with a Vltor MLOK for my MK18-inspired shorty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jeeper21:
Looks good, does it use a steel or aluminum barrel nut?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3529/quads_jpg-3163832.JPG
View Quote

I don't understand that meme.  
On AR's today, outside of the top rail, how much of the rest of the rails are ever used?  Maybe bipod or grip (which can be mounted either with a section of pic or direct mlok)? Every now and then a light or something at 3 or 6 at the end of the rail?

Outside of the top rail, 87% of the rest of the quad rails are not used.  

I also think there is as time/era factor.   Do you have something with carbine gas and an A2, plus a carry handle where you basically have no room for anything and you are hanging shit off the sides?
Upper looks like this and you want a light and a laser....and maybe an optic on top of the carry handle, yeah, you might need a quad rail.

However, with more guns running mid-gas, followed by low-profile gas blocks, and folding buis (or no back-up sites because optics have gotten better), you now have much longer rails that offer more hand space, and laser/lights can go and the far end of the rail.

You can see how things have evolved. (Shocked the bottom image has the light at 4:30 instead of 1:30)

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Machine_gunner22:
The first batch of the quad rails are out at anodizing now. Pre sale is started and they should start shipping out within a few weeks.

Here is the product link.
View Quote

@Machine_gunner22 looks great! I’d recommend some pics of at least one of the rail options attached to a rifle on the product page.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#9]
What are the weights of the rails?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I would also include a picture of the barrel nut and hardware so you can see how the rail lock up works.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I only use quads.  The only MLok rail I like is the Geissele Mk8.  Normally I just throw Midwest Industries T-series FF quad rails on everything.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Last time I bought a quad rail was in 2012.  Since then I have been able to get by with Mlok rails.  The extra rail space sounds cool to have but in application I can get by with much less coverage.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Machine_gunner22:
Just a quick update. Material came in yesterday and I am starting the programming today. Hopefully we will have some prototypes within a week or so.

I have a 15", 12", 10.5", 9.5", and 6.9" planned to make. I'm not really sure what length will be more popular so any input is appreciated.
View Quote
Any chance of 11”-11.5”? There are not many quad rails in that length for us 12.5” barrel fans.

BTW, your MLok one is still holding up, and the green ano is just right. Accuracy with your rifle has been great.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top