Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 9:49:14 AM EDT
Regarding this rifle here made by Fulton Armory: https://www.fulton-armory.com/fariflecal556mmupruniversalprecisionrifle-3-2-2-7-2-3.aspx

I know this is an odd question since it's regarding an M16A1 clone, but I like the idea of having an M16A1 clone that I would still trust with my life and even take to a high round count class. I'm weird like that. They use Criterion barrels, so that's good, but how is the overall quality of Fulton Armory's AR15s and the long-term reliability/durability of them? It's my understanding they've been making ARs for quite a while now, though they're mainly known for their M14s.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems pricey for a retro build. Starts at $1500 and every drop down option adds more.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Fulton makes quality rifles. I would build my own so I know every part that is going into it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
For the sake of the question, ignore the price for now. I’m only concerned with reliability and durability.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of their "blem" mid lengths from back in the day (2015 time frame).  It is still going strong.  At the time they were cheaper than BCM and other than the ar15 bcg it came with it is still going strong.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I got their m1a many years ago and have since been ordering parts from them. I got their lower and used it as one of my first builds back in 2012ish time.

Keep in mind the original FA builder, I think his name is Clint, he passed away and after I never bought another thing from them. I don’t know if they’re still building it to his standards but I think his son is doing it all now. So I’m sure he learned a lot from his father.

I do like their books and they have pretty good info on how to build everything. My greatest find on the site was the time they sold the TRW m14 surplus kit and I put all that on my m1a and very happy.

Their main market is the competition world and not as a self defense or hunting company.

Are they duty grade? Yes I think so. They build very solid rifles but as others said here they are pricey and you have to wait as they build it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dalle0001:
I got their m1a many years ago and have since been ordering parts from them. I got their lower and used it as one of my first builds back in 2012ish time.

Keep in mind the original FA builder, I think his name is Clint, he passed away and after I never bought another thing from them. I don’t know if they’re still building it to his standards but I think his son is doing it all now. So I’m sure he learned a lot from his father.

I do like their books and they have pretty good info on how to build everything. My greatest find on the site was the time they sold the TRW m14 surplus kit and I put all that on my m1a and very happy.

Their main market is the competition world and not as a self defense or hunting company.

Are they duty grade? Yes I think so. They build very solid rifles but as others said here they are pricey and you have to wait as they build it.

View Quote

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the original builder passed away, but if it's his son running things now and he learned from his father, I'd feel pretty good about that. I'm okay with waiting as they build it so long as it's reliable and durable. Not really worried about the accuracy since it has a Criterion barrel.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#7]
A good rifle, is a good rifle, is a good rifle.

Smith and Wesson M&Ps are common duty rifles for police departments. They are by no means high end guns.

Fulton armory has had a good reputation for a long time. so long as you test the rifle to your satisfaction, I’d say it’s good to go. Not many people make bad rifles anymore.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I emailed Fulton to ask about their FAR-15's, and this was the response:

Thank you for the interest in our products. That sounds like it could be a fun weekend class, a couple thousand rounds would allow you to put some serios time on the rifle. Though we don't disclose our manufacturers it is a predominant maker of these components and is US based, they are 158 Carpenter Steel bolts that are HPT/MPI tested and can withstand extensive firing and use with proper maintenance. These are built to order, we advertise wait times of 3-4 weeks though in most cases they are leaving sooner. We have a one man one rifle process, meaning we don't use assembly lines, just one experienced armorer start to finished. We are highly confident in the quality of our products, our gunsmiths are very passionate and put their heart and souls in these rifles. As a company we stand by our products, answer our phones/emails and are very accessible to our customers. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions.
View Quote

Pretty cool that it's a one man, one rifle building process. Sounds like they really know what they're doing. I think this is what I'm going to go with when I order my A1.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top