Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2023 7:01:46 PM EDT
I am very new to this firearm, first AR, PSA 16" Mid-Length 5.56 nato 1/7 NITRIDE 13.5" .  Today following cleaning procedures and after cleaning 7 times (6 times to the range) I found one gas ring out of position and worn so bad, like it was out of the groove for the last range trip, 200 rds.  When I removed it, the bolt seemed to stick in the carrier like it had a burr in it.  The bolt now obviously has only 2 rings in it and I am not going to fire it.
The questions are do you think the carrier might be damaged, is the bolt damaged, can a GS replace the rings, do i need to order a new carrier, new bolt or both?  This is a Palmetto State AR that is 11 months old with maybe 1200 rds through it.  
I see carriers and bolts for sale online at places like Brownells and Palmetto State.  Are these items plug-n-play for the most part or are there adjustments necessary for new parts to function?  Like I said, I am new to this platform.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:38:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4BlackRifle] [#1]
Your first step should be to contact PSA Customer Service.    Provide several well focused and properly lighted pictures that illustrate what you are seeing.  

PSA will make sure everything is correct and safe.

If there are no defects related to the barrel, a new or lightly used bolt carrier and bolt may be installed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
@PalmettoStateArmory
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank You
I will contact them tomorrow with photos.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top