Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2024 7:53:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: campower]
Not my review, but these boys are legitimate shooters.

Geissele GFR 6 ARC Initial Thoughts | TPH106
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that was long.
Seems like G is doing some interesting things, but at an eye-watering price.
Probably way overkill for a non-operator.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By badkarmaiii:
Damn, that was long.
Seems like G is doing some interesting things, but at an eye-watering price.
Probably way overkill for a non-operator.
View Quote

Alot of folks understandably fixed on the price, but remember when the Super Duty was initially released? It was over $2k and people said the exact same things.

Between Geisseles big Holiday sales and Brownells Partnership I've never paid over $1600 for a SD. Black Friday I've put two togather for $1300.

Point it this will more than likely able to be had at $2500 on a sale. Comparing to the competitions $2500 rifles? I'll take the Geissele 6 ARC personally.

Military grade 6 ARC with reliable 30rd mags? I mean if this is whatsoever a success, the remaining questions is besides current logistics,

Why 5.56?

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
That guy was painful to listen to.  Seems like a very nice rifle.  I’d like to see MV’s for each of the new GFR lengths.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Did they shoot groups?  Accuracy?

Sorry, but I'm not going to wade through all that for my answer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: campower] [#5]
Originally Posted By smarcus:
That guy was painful to listen to.  Seems like a very nice rifle.  I’d like to see MV’s for each of the new GFR lengths.
View Quote

I've always rather liked listening to Wade. He works at Ally Munitions, loads and shoots thousands rounds of 6 ARC since it's release, and shoots countless Hogs , Coyote and whitetail with it as well.

MV will be similar/ the same as any other 14.5"/16"/18"/20" 6 ARC. Can't see how the MV on the Geissele rifles will be any different.

Originally Posted By sigman68:
Did they shoot groups?  Accuracy?

Sorry, but I'm not going to wade through all that for my answer.
View Quote

If your not able to listen to under an hours worth of valuable tried and tested information regarding your potential $3700 purchase.....

Well it's your money.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By campower:

Alot of folks understandably fixed on the price, but remember when the Super Duty was initially released? It was over $2k and people said the exact same things.

Between Geisseles big Holiday sales and Brownells Partnership I've never paid over $1600 for a SD. Black Friday I've put two togather for $1300.

Point it this will more than likely able to be had at $2500 on a sale. Comparing to the competitions $2500 rifles? I'll take the Geissele 6 ARC personally.

Military grade 6 ARC with reliable 30rd mags? I mean if this is whatsoever a success, the remaining questions is besides current logistics,

Why 5.56?

View Quote

6 Max is measurably better in every way. Wonder it Geissele will offer this rifle in that caliber. 🤔
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

6 Max is measurably better in every way. Wonder it Geissele will offer this rifle in that caliber. 🤔
View Quote

Taking a screenshot of this for two years from now when nobody has heared of the 6maxx.

Day late and a dollar short.

With companies like Geissele, DD, Stag and others making 6ARC components and quality 30 round mags? Not even close.

Have you actually used 350 legend magazines? They suck ass. I mean recreationally suck ass. Let alone anything resebling "Duty" grade.

Have you ever tried to neck down .355 cal to .244 shouldered? I have. It sucks ass. Alot of dies, trimming, turning, just to violently spit them out a semi-auto? For what, 50fps maybe on "that one load".

Day late, dollar short.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:19:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9D1Alpha] [#8]

Taking a screenshot of this for two years from now when nobody has heared of the 6maxx.

With companies like Geissele, DD, Stag and others making 6ARC components and quality 30 round mags? Not even close.

Have you actually used 350 legend magazines? They suck ass. I mean recreationally suck ass. Let alone anything resebling "Duty" grade.

Have you ever tried to neck down .355 cal to .244 shouldered? I have. It sucks ass. Alot of dies, trimming, turning, just to violently spit them out a semi-auto? For what, 50fps maybe on "that one load".

Day late, dollar short.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Day late, dollar short.

It would have had a much better standing 20 years ago (6max) . With the BCs involved it'd make a nifty improvement in .257 ....I'd trim it back another MM . Otherwise I can just load 110gr ftx up in my 25-45 ....0r 70gr for some real whiz bang !

* makes me think of the SPC vs grendel battles .
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Day late, dollar short.
View Quote

Definitly late but lets be honest here.

Grendel mags suck equally as much.
and 30 rounds are considerably longer than their counterparts.
Bolts are another weak spot comparatively speaking for the 6 ARC/Grendel/Etc.

All this being said, as a firearms enthusiast it's definitly a great time to be alive.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Definitly late but lets be honest here.

Grendel mags suck equally as much.
and 30 rounds are considerably longer than their counterparts.
Bolts are another weak spot comparatively speaking for the 6 ARC/Grendel/Etc.

All this being said, as a firearms enthusiast it's definitly a great time to be alive.
View Quote

I love variants.

Geissele getting into 6ARC and making bolts and magazines with government contracts is going to cha ge the game.

Thus far I don't believe we have seen one report of thier 5.56 bolts breaking. They have a hammer forging process for the bolts or something way beyond my understanding.

The magazines are longer, but for all intensive purposes it's not enough to matter. 30 rounders in 5.56 are long anyways and the geissele 20 round Grendel/ARC mags still fit in the form factor that any GI 5.56 20rd magazine will.

IF Geisseles 6ARC bolts prove as rough as the 5.56 Bolts within its design limitations and thr magazines prove rock solid reliable and come down in price as demand increases, folks are going to start wondering why 5.56 at all.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top