Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2024 7:08:24 PM EDT
I bought it for a dedicated CMMG 22LR rifle I'm kinda doing the retro thing with.

It fits loose side to side on my Luth, and Brownell retro uppers.

It sits way to damn low in the upper I bought for the 22. Not sure what brand it is, bought it local for cheap...just gonna be on a 22.

Any way I could shim it from the damn bottom? Looks like it needs to come up 1/16+.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if the mount was placed on backwards on the scope?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
View Quote

I think you are right, it looks like the mounting bolt is off center just enough that if it went dismounted and turned it might be just enough to let it fit.

Also; I used to have a genuine Colt scope on an SP1 and I had to shove the scope all the way forward before I tightened the clamp on the bottom to get it to work
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Where's the locking mechanism?  Mine fits fine once it's locked down and pushed forward.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:38:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JEVapa:
Where's the locking mechanism?  Mine fits fine once it's locked down and pushed forward.
View Quote

I never put it on. I put it on the upper and pushed it as far forward as it would go when I took the pic.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:40:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
View Quote

The mount is in the same place as the one pictured from their website.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:30:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobGenghis] [#6]
Do you have (or have a friend that has) an ACOG or a Primary Arms prism with spacers that you can test fit in your uppers?

I've got a Colt 614 and a Fulton Armory C7 that the Brownells scope fits snugly in. Sample size of one optic, but I would expect more variation between different upper manufacturers than I would within the same model of scope

My mount is oriented with the screw farther forward, just like you have in your pictures, and the hole is drilled in what looks like the same spot, lining up just slightly forward of the center of the mag button fence
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:52:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#7]
Could be the CMMG 22LR upper, too. Try on another upper.

Side to side play is not an issue... the clamping force will self center it down into the V.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
What did you do to remedy it OP?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Kinda-Retroed-My-22-AR/123-786119/
View Quote

Cut a shim out of 7/64 steel. Cut it to the length of the scope base, and shaped it to sit in the upper channel. Drilled a hole in it for the scope bolt to fit thru.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wood714:

Cut a shim out of 7/64 steel. Cut it to the length of the scope base, and shaped it to sit in the upper channel. Drilled a hole in it for the scope bolt to fit thru.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Planed on taking it to the range tomorrow.

Went to bore site it, and the elevation adjustment can be turned by hand, and doesn't move the reticle at all. The windage adjustment works, but also can be turned by hand, and there is no clicks or anything.

Looks like it's going on a trip back to Brownells.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Lol, no titties for you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a private message DM or what ever it's called today here from Brownells.

Asked if I wanted to return my scope.

I called them and they took care of everything. Already mailed the bad one back.

Girl said they would check the new one their sending me before shipping it. Doing FedEx, should get it Wed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Maybe I should mention that in the past I've seen cracked carry handles from over enthusiastic tightening of this style of mount...

Paladin
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:46:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#16]
Originally Posted By wood714:
I bought it for a dedicated CMMG 22LR rifle I'm kinda doing the retro thing with.

It fits loose side to side on my Luth, and Brownell retro uppers.

It sits way to damn low in the upper I bought for the 22. Not sure what brand it is, bought it local for cheap...just gonna be on a 22.

Any way I could shim it from the damn bottom? Looks like it needs to come up 1/16+.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-5bKLmRm/0/BLLQ6WHbr9g5jDkLMcBcVxSmzDP7q826zmCCm8wb/X2/i-5bKLmRm-X2.jpg
View Quote

I thought those scopes had a U looking shim for the inside.

But that doesn't look right at all. The mount should match the interior surface of the carry handle? Doe A1's and A2's have different profiles? Is that scope designed around a removable A4?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top