Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2024 10:24:18 PM EDT
So got my first Larue MBT last week.  They recommend grease.  Any favorite types to use?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Superlube on the sear and disconnector contacts. I also use Superlube on the bolt and carrier and sliding surfaces in the upper. I just apply a thin thin thin coat on the bolt and carrier after cleaning. And just a dab with a toothpick to the trigger sears. I like it because it stays put. I don't like oil oozing out of everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Superlube grease also. I add WS2/Tungsten Disulfide to my Superlube and put a tiny smear on trigger and sear contact points and pivot points.

I'm sure most grease would work fine in most situations.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an old syringe of that red grease from Sinclair int.  That'lll work?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:30:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Just10mm] [#5]
You want synthetic grease, non synthetic especially old grease will gunk up and trap all the nasty stuff in the wax / soap thickening agents.

This is what you want, a tub will last a lifetime.

Amazon Product
  • Patented synthetic NLGI grade 2 heavy-duty, multipurpose lubricant

It also works great on bolt lugs, carrier rails and buffer springs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't put any grease on mine.  A little oil, plus whatever migrates there from the BCG.  Works fantastic.  Not a fan of grease in general up here in the cold winters.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#7]
If a trigger comes with a specific lube, I use it (geissele). If it doesn't, I just put a light coat of whatever I happen to be running at the time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#8]
On mine, Magnalube, just like everything else gun-related.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Brief update; found my tube of TW-25b but didn't need it.  When I opened up the can, the contact points on the trigger were already greased.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been using ALG Very fine grease.

Stays put.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:44:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: borderpatrol] [#11]
I use full synthetic motor oil on my firearms (pins and bore lube after cleaning solvents) and Lubriplate Engine Assembly Lube No. 140 or Outboard Motor Lube No. 140 (they are identical) on the BCG and/or bolt lugs.  

Phil Woods bicycle chain oil is recommended on bolt lugs as well. It's a tacky oil that stays put.  

Link Posted: Yesterday 8:53:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#12]
Whatever lube you're using elsewhere.  

It's EDM-cut billet S7 tool steel, it'll be fine... it's not some cast metal g-trigger.

After a general spray of ballistoil on moving parts, I usually put a few drops of Lucas Extreme Oil in the BGG bits and the FCG
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
I have an old syringe of that red grease from Sinclair int.  That'll work?
View Quote

Yes, it will work.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I use ALG Go-Juice grease for my MBTs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top