Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2024 1:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ironhorse72]
So I went to the local Sig Sauer shop and picked up (physically off the display to hold) the M400 Tread just to take a peek. Damn near fell in love with the pistol grip on it. It has a great angle, some say just like the MOE K2 angle, and great sandpaper-like texturing to the sides of it. The front and rear straps are horizontal lines, and where your thumb web falls is smooth, relieving those areas of rough abrasion. My thumb web falls into the grip nice and snug, kinda giving a bump out into the palm of my hand.

The grip on the display is slightly different than the new ones, but I believe everything is the same minus the new latched storage compartment versus the old pop-off storage compartment. Neither one of those storage compartments are great, because they’re very difficult to open up. However, if that’s not something you’re worried about, I would certainly try this grip out if you’re bored or looking for something new.

I’ll post the link below where you can find it online. You can find the older one online as well for about $30. This one that I picked up in store, which is also online is $40. Yes it is a bit overpriced but it’s also Sig Sauer branded so like everything else they sell it’s going to be more for some reason. It might be worth it for you if you like it though. I know some people are willing to spend a little extra for the right thing.

Basically I wanted to share because it’s an OEM type of product and not the first thing you would come by when searching for grips online or anywhere other than Sig Sauer, but it really is a good piece and can certainly be an upgrade for some.

https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-m400-reduced-angle-pistol-grip-black.html

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a K2 with an arch in the backstrap
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 4:03:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#2]
To each their own... I'm not a fan of the reduced angled grips. Though I feel like those of us in the camp that prefer the original/standard AR grip angles are becoming the minority to those that prefer the grip angle of the AK (which is one one of the reasons I never got into AKs).
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:23:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ironhorse72] [#3]
It was kinda tough to make the transition mentally and now I’m still not even sure if it’s ‘right’. I had a standard MOE grip with the 25* angle, and I still really like that grip but hell, maybe I just need another AR to put it on. I’ve heard a lot of people will use the standard angle for long range and the reduced angle for their AR pistols/CQB tools… then again a lot of people like straight grips on long range SPR’s too. I guess it really just comes down to the person, like the rest of the furniture.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Must have some gold in it for that price.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
View Quote

I was about to say the same thing. Double the K2 price. No thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
View Quote

That’s MSRP/direct.

Look to be about $20-$30 from retailers. I might try one of the coyote ones.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The propagation of palm swell grips is annoying. Need more web swell.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:21:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I've tried about everything out there. I finally settled on the FAB Defense AG43 grip, after trying everything out there over the last nearly 25 years. It's the right angle for me, and allows me to keep my grip a tad higher, making it easier to use the controls on the gun. It has a good size of finger grooves that work great with my finger size. It has a grip core for storage as well for whatever your needs are. And, it's only $25 bucks.

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:26:23 AM EDT
[#9]
fb radom made a batch exactly like that for their new scar style rifle. i picked one up. fits ar15s.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#11]
https://thril.com/gear/rtg-rugged-tactical-grip/

$14.95 @ Primary Arms

My new go to.

You’ll be glad you did!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jsneff:
https://thril.com/gear/rtg-rugged-tactical-grip/

$14.95 @ Primary Arms

My new go to.

You’ll be glad you did!
View Quote

Meh, not a fan of beavertails.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#13]
BCM grip Mod 3 blem

This is what I'm running
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#14]
The two star rating description and details does not inspire confidence
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the SIG grip. I'll probably get a few.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:56:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm a K2+ kinda guy. I like the grippiness of rubber outer layer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#17]
The other day I handled an M400 in an LGS.  I noticed the grip was different, but I was unaware it's an OEM item.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I tried to order one. Not paying the $40 Sig asks. Osage says they have them but their site freezes on the credit card info page in very sketchy fashion. Not sure if they’re legit and just have a flaming POS website or I just got robbed.

Oh well. Looks like IMI is the OEM for these. They sell the same grip with their logo and they mold all their own stuff, so doubtful they buy them from Sig.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By doom1430:
BCM grip Mod 3 blem

This is what I'm running
View Quote

I just bought one of these thanks to your link.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
I tried to order one. Not paying the $40 Sig asks. Osage says they have them but their site freezes on the credit card info page in very sketchy fashion. Not sure if they’re legit and just have a flaming POS website or I just got robbed.

Oh well. Looks like IMI is the OEM for these. They sell the same grip with their logo and they mold all their own stuff, so doubtful they buy them from Sig.
View Quote

https://osagecountyguns.com is legit. Their website is clumsy, though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By doom1430:
BCM grip Mod 3 blem

This is what I'm running
View Quote

I always have and still think it is not an attractive grip. But it is simply the best feeling grip I have ever tried and it is on every AR build I do for myself.

At a price under $11 that deal is so good I might just buy a few more for the parts bin. Just wish they had FDE blem grips too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
Looks like a K2 with an arch in the backstrap
View Quote

It is missing that void before the backstrap that leaves top of your hand unsupported, so it is better than the K2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top