AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By themao:

Sorry to hear suppressors are illegal in Greece.

HK screws us with a neutered version of the 416 called the MR 556 (no chrome lined barrel).

You will love the AR platform. It is very versatile and a pleasure to shoot. I recommend picking a flash hider over a muzzle brake to save your ears.

Thank you and god bless
View Quote

Quoted to amplify.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By themao:

Regardless, we were able to purchase 10.5” versions of your gun as pistols until only recently. Perhaps some day we’ll get more offerings. HK screws us with a neutered version of the 416 called the MR 556 (no chrome lined barrel).

View Quote

I own two H&K MR 223 A3. Both have chrome lined barrels. To which version of the civilian 416 you refer? Everything after A2 should have chrome lined barrels. Do you own a rifle manufactured in Germany or is yours manufactured in the US?

H&K is very special anyway. They really do not care much for the civilian market, since numbers are sold in LE and Military. It also sucks that H&K gave me the statement, that no civilian needs an adjustable gas system. This lack of knowledge and arrogance always annoys me big time (H&K should know the gun laws and that there are a lot of civilian users who run these things suppressed).  
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:17:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#3]
Originally Posted By TheodorosCR223:

I also noticed a '' hole '' on the gas block and some curve work on the mlok rail as well . Does anybody know why the gas block has this hole on its base ???

View Quote

The hole in the gasblock was carried over from the HK416. It’s for mounting the HK 320 grenade launcher.

http://hk-manuals.s3.amazonaws.com/files/Military/HK416/HK416_Technical_Data.pdf
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:
Does anyone have pictures of the Haenel gas system? I'd like to compare them to Caracal's 816 gas system.
View Quote

I'll get back to you with pictures this weekend, too lazy to pull it out right now. I've got mine off the haenel since i swapped my gas system out for a 5 position waffenburke gas system specific to the haenel cr223 that I acquired from gunbroker.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By zhe_pickelhaube:

I own two H&K MR 223 A3. Both have chrome lined barrels. To which version of the civilian 416 you refer? Everything after A2 should have chrome lined barrels. Do you own a rifle manufactured in Germany or is yours manufactured in the US?

H&K is very special anyway. They really do not care much for the civilian market, since numbers are sold in LE and Military. It also sucks that H&K gave me the statement, that no civilian needs an adjustable gas system. This lack of knowledge and arrogance always annoys me big time (H&K should know the gun laws and that there are a lot of civilian users who run these things suppressed).  
View Quote

In the US, they sell us a MR556A1. It has a non-chrome lined barrel and a standard gas block (non-adjustable). It is mostly made in Germany but has some US parts due to our stupid importation laws. I wish they would manufacture HK 416 and 43x rifles stateside so we get semi-auto versions of the real deal.

Sucks to hear about how they view the civilian market in Europe. They are doing better than they did 20 years ago though. Given their high price, it just means Haenel and B&T will take away their sales. There are a variety of other AR makers who will do well serving the EU market.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Save a lot of money and just buy the Caracal CAR816A2.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: llllllllll] [#7]
pics of the cr223 gasblock for those who wanted

i have a caliper if u need anything measured
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:17:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: llllllllll] [#8]
final build

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the pics. How hot does the handguard get during causal shooting with the suppressor?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:54:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheodorosCR223] [#10]
Hello again from Greece . So 6 moths and 2500 rounds later . GGG kicks ass and we also get Norma 223 in 55 or 62 . Price per round 0.53 euros

The rifle has become an IPSC/USPSA rifle so current setup has a sightmark citadel 1-6 and a vector frenzy pistol dot on an offset 45 mount

Took 4th place in the Greek National semi auto open division
Managed to reduce overall weight to 4 kilos including optics , mounts etc

So far 0 malfunctions after 2500 rounds but I do clean it every 200-250 rounds

Impossible to get in touch with Haenel . They either don't care or have better things to do

Still don't know my barrel thread pitch but I will send my upper to a gunsmith to remove the A2 and built me a muzzle brake

Still cannot find service parts ie firing pin , extractor etc .

Price in Greece for all lengths with mlock still round 2800 euros

Managed to 3D a magwell . Helps alot when running matches

Managed a 1/3'' group at 100 yards from a bipod and hit 10*10 plates at 200 yards like hitting paper at 25 yards

So love the accuracy , built quality and faultless action

Hate the weight , impossible to find AR compatible parts and Haenel is non existent as a company

Trigger pull is down to 1 kilo or 2lbs

One thing Im thinking of trying is the AR-15 DMP buffer system using 3 internal springs and/or their duffer spring

https://www.tacticalstore.gr/product/dpm-buffer-ar-15-m-16-5-56-2-23-pcc-9mm-captured-version-2/

This rifle is properly OVER gassed but there is no adjustable gas block . I have seen a few aftermarket options in Europe but I don't know quality wise if I can trust them.

https://huntac.de/en/p/adjustable-5-position-gas-block-for-haenel-cr223
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys off topic ...had a quick look for 14x1 RH compensators in Europe . 99% are designed for 9mm PCC rifles and not 5.56 . So the center hole is for a 9mm bullet and not our 5.56 . Will it work or is it a waist of money ?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear about your poor customer service with Haenel. B&T imported 10.5” versions of your gun as pistols until the BATF blocked it. I did not buy one because of the lack of spare parts. Very stupid of them to do that in my opinion.

I wish that Geissele or Daniel Defense exported their goods to Europe for civilians. I bet you would love a 14.5-16” Geissele Super Duty rifle for competition. Their triggers are phenomenal.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Daniel Defence is available in Europe . Despite that at the time of purchase I chose the piston system over DI , Haenel has all controls ambi and I am left handed and finally dealers decided to sell the Daniel Defence  M4A1 RIII for 3300 euros . Bcm recce-14 mcmr is also available but for 3400 euros

In the end I chose the Haenel due to price , piston system and ambi controls . I also thought that because Haenel is a EU based company parts and service would have been easier.

It was only later that I realized how important weight is ( Haenel being almost 2 full lbs heavier than a DI M4 ) and how bad Haenels customer service is . Even my dealer cannot get hold of spare parts and he is the sole distributor of Haenel in Greece
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Two engineers designed the HK 416 family . Robert Hirt and Chris Sirois . Then they went to saudi Arabia and designed ( copy paste to be precise ) the Caracal 816

Caracal purchased Haenel . As a result the same two people designed ( copy paste ) the Haenel MR/CR 223/308

This video deals with the 816

https://youtu.be/WLXHXA_iqHU?si=5Z4cN79Q9xU2NPS6
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top