Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2024 10:43:52 PM EDT
I’ve had a13.7” 5.56 in my cart several times recently, even before flannel daddy’s glowing review.  What’s been stopping me from ordering is the possible heat issue.

Several reviewers have said the hand guard/upper get the uncomfortably hot.  Any no BS reports of exactly how bad it is would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I’ve read at least one rumor there may be changes coming to the hand guard, to help with the heat issue.  Has anyone been able to confirm this?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:50:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: isptroop38] [#1]
I can’t speak to your 13.7, but I can tell you an FN SRP G2 11.5 with slim mlok rail gets very hot after two magazines of rapid fire suppressed - too hot to hold especially where the gas block is. The BCM rail covers make it capable of being held and the Magpul ones are even better. Just a thought if it concerns you that much.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
That will happen with a lot of rifles. Rail covers or vertical grips can mitigate it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a major issue if you use rail covers or a VFG.  Just watch the gas adjuster.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't personally noticed the rail getting any hotter than a MLOK rail on a SBR AR under sustained fire. A glove on the support hand would mitigate any concerns, in my opinion (or VFG/rail covers as suggested). I do get some gas blackening on my hand from the gas block, though. (10.5 5.56 JAKL)

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top