Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2024 8:02:18 PM EDT
I'm not 100% sure of I'm posting this in the right forum, so let me know if it's the wrong one

My issue:

Just purchased a basically new and unfired barrel that had a BRT stainless mk12 gas block installed. The block was pinned.
That gas block is too big for the bcm mcmr I'll be using.
The barrel has been shipped but is not in my possession yet, but I'm including photos at the end of this post that the seller provided.

I asked the seller what the spacing is on that mk12 gas block and he measured it with calipers from the middle of each set screw and came up with .410

So - I'm wanting to go the easiest route and get a gas block that is already pre drilled for the pin and has the same set screw spacing so it will also line up with the existing cross pin hole.

My worry is gas block length differences and set screw spacing being wider causing the cross-pin holes to not line up.

after hours of googling, I can't find the
block length measurements for the BRT mk12 or set screw spacing for most of the pre drilled blocks (Griffin Armament, Hodge, Triarc, Dark Hour and finally Geissele, which I know is .410 and do have a new one in my possession)

Does anyone know if just any of those pre drilled blocks will likely line up the pin holes?

It seems like if there is a large difference in set screw spacing that the cross pin hole would be in a slightly different location.

If anyone has any of the pre drilled blocks I listed, could you possibly measure the spacing?

I'm hoping the geissele gas block that I have will work, and I'll just have to make that hole a bit larger - geissele cross pin is 5/32 and most others are 1/8

Here's the photos, thanks in advance to anyone that can help

https://imgur.com/a/BLVDOUB
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the detailed reply. Very much appreciated.
Here is a photo of my new barrel.
The barrel is dimpled at rear set screw, but not the front. And the cross pin channel previously had a 1/8" coil pin through it.

https://imgur.com/a/rxUxH0D

Do you think I could use a different (new) gas block that's already pre-drilled for that cross pin that will line up?  Such as this Hodge gas block:

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/product/hodge-defense-low-profile-gas-block-750-4140-hdsi/

I'm not opposed to trying different gas blocks, as long as I know the measurements are same/similar.

You have to understand, I have this problem where I have to over do everything. I can't control it. I know that just the set screws are plenty enough, but my brain won't let me stop until I get all the things that can be done... done
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top