Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2024 11:12:36 AM EDT
Looking to purchase factory new ammo with Hornady's 5.56 T2 75gr BTHP.

I have some Frontier ammo, but haven't seen that in stock anywhere in a long time. Is it discontinued?

My understanding is that the "AAC" PSA ammo is loaded with the T1C bullet, not T2. Haven't seen definitive confirmation, only speculation.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The TAP T2 75 gr load is generally restricted to credential sales by those able to stock it. If there’s a will there’s a way, but at over $1/rnd I would avoid it. You can get XF223SP which is a 62 gr bonded load for 80 cpr from Bereli. That is a far better performer for terminal performance, as the 75 BTHP needs far more velocity to essentially fragment to a cup & core expansion.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Deimo5:

I have some Frontier ammo, but haven't seen that in stock anywhere in a long time. Is it discontinued?

My understanding is that the "AAC" PSA ammo is loaded with the T1C bullet, not T2. Haven't seen definitive confirmation, only speculation.

Thanks!
View Quote

ACC does indeed use the T1C not a bad option for  a non barrier load. Molon has recently said that T2 has a shorter more consistent neck I have been able to get the Frontier load at Academy If you want real TAP Eagle Eye Guns has it no credentials required but it’s not cheap but has better QC.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a bunch (521 rds) of the Hornady 8126N load that I haven't yet put up on the Equipment Exchange, and am trying to sell locally.  You could PM me and see if we can work something out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#4]
Hornady 8126N is the only load to use that bullet. Yes, they still sell it. I bought some last year from GT Distributors.

I have both the AAC 75 grain 5.56 and Hornady T2 5.56 (and non T2 .223) and you can easily see the difference in bullet shape. The AAC is definitely not the T2 bullet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hyrum-22:

ACC does indeed use the T1C not a bad option for  a non barrier load. Molon has recently said that T2 has a shorter more consistent neck I have been able to get the Frontier load at Academy If you want real TAP Eagle Eye Guns has it no credentials required but it’s not cheap but has better QC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hyrum-22:
Originally Posted By Deimo5:

Thanks!

I too have had good luck finding Frontier 75gr with the T2 at Academy as well as Cabelas/Bass Pro
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top