Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2024 8:33:40 PM EDT
There's not enough clearance on the actual barrel to attach the chronograph directly to the barrel, but attaching to the handguard would place the sensor well below where the bullet is going to fly.

Is there an easy, cheap, solution to this?

I bought the sporter a few years ago as a replacement for my older Chrony.  Haven't tried to use it until just recently, which is why I don't want to buy a new expensive Garmin, I only use it every few years.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:38:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgonot] [#1]
I was just searching images and found this page. Found this page too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARgonot:
I was just searching images and found this page. Found this page too.
View Quote

That first one is not a bad idea... that's pretty easily achievable.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an old 3d printed Wiser precision mount that makes the chronograph free floating. Upgraded to their milled aluminum model and it great.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The amount of money they want for a reasonably simple mount mechanism is amazing.  

At $189, if I really needed a chrono setup that bad I'd just forgo the gymnastics and buy the garmin, lol!

But from the looks of it, with a bit of ingenuity, some bar stock, bolts, nuts, washers and drill bits, I can mimic the important parts and attach it with an existing scope ring mount.

thanks for the help, guys!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The new model is pretty steep but it is machined aluminum vs 3d printed. It does offer a lot of different adjustments and tooless knobs. I had done the same thing with a scope ring, carbon tube and the mounting block for the chronograph. Was more of a pain to adjust and needed allens to remove it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top