BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2024 5:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DWPW]
Hey all

So after getting some consensus on my thread about this Trend of People putting LPVO's on the SBR's and AR-Pistols, I've decided to swap out one of my Eotech EXPS3-4 + G33 units for an LPVO and try that on my Super Duty pistol. I have three trade offers -

1) Trijicon Credo 1-4X (5.56 Circle BDC reticle) Straight Swap
2) Eotech Vudu 1-6X (SR3g reticle) $500 cash diff with Badger Mount
3) Sig Sauer Tango-6T (5.56 Horseshoe reticle) $200 cash diff

And so I'm trying to decide between the three.

There are some downsides to each; The Sig has been given the most atrocious rattlecan camo job I've ever seen, and I'm not looking forward to cleaning all that off. If I went that way I might just rattlecan the whole thing black again rather than try and clean every nook and cranny. The CREDO has a BDC reticle set for a 55gr bullet out of a 16" barrel, where I'm using 68gr bullets out of an 11.5" barrel. The VuDu is expensive. But which has the most "PROs" ... ?

Can anyone speak to these three in terms of:

- True 1X
- Reticle usefulness in an 11.5" pistol
- Anything else?

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on which of these might be the best solution for a shorty, which would ostensibly be used at 1X a great deal of the time since I'm replacing an Eotech + Magnifier with it.

THANKS!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
C_Does on youtube.

I'd start there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Strikefirst:
C_Does on youtube.

I'd start there.
View Quote

I'll check it out thanks!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The Vudu reticle is so underrated, imo.

If I didn't go ATACR, I would have went Vudu.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Why 2 threads
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Those trade deals don't seem very favorable. Consider selling the Eotechs and then looking for an LPVO on the EE, Tacswap, etc.

I'd also suggest taking a look at Razor, Credo, Stryker or Vudu 1-6's for red dot/holographic replacements. Run some numbers through Strelock to see how the bdc shakes out. Seldom are the numbers nice and round, too many variables. Don't sweat it, just know the drops.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:10:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DWPW] [#6]
Originally Posted By Marex:
Those trade deals don't seem very favorable. Consider selling the Eotechs and then looking for an LPVO on the EE, Tacswap, etc.

I'd also suggest taking a look at Razor, Credo, Stryker or Vudu 1-6's for red dot/holographic replacements. Run some numbers through Strelock to see how the bdc shakes out. Seldom are the numbers nice and round, too many variables. Don't sweat it, just know the drops.
View Quote

No? I see my model of Eotech selling in the mid $500's and below, and the Credos ALWAYS selling for above that. The Sig deal is out of the running ... what's trade value on an Eotech Vudu would you say?

PS - I think I forgot to mention the Eotech VuDu also includes a Badger Mount.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Two different, but related topics.

One about the trend in general, one about which of my possible trades might be best for my needs
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Since you are dipping your toe in the water maybe go Trijicon since it's a straight across trade?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Since you are dipping your toe in the water maybe go Trijicon since it's a straight across trade?
View Quote

Seems easy, but I it's gonna be a BDC reticle MAN that SR-3 Green is the SWEETS, especially coming from an EXPS.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#10]
The badger mount is $225-$250 pretty easy, depending on the height and color. So that would sway me a bit toward the vudu. Even if you don’t love the vudu, you will have a mount covered down on.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Get the 1-6 credo not the 1-4
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TBone556:
Get the 1-6 credo not the 1-4
View Quote

I came to say exactly this. It’s not just +2X magnification. They’re significantly different optics qualitatively, strongly favoring the 1-6. I have a few of the Accupoint 1-6 analog, and they’re very nice optics. I’d pass on the 1-4’s personally.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Curious as to why you didn't consider the Burris RT6 ?

Seems like a nice unit at a reasonable price point and not too heavy

dh
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#14]
The Credo is very underrated at its price point for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Do you value your current set up at less than $700?

Credo 1-4 new for $700
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Personally, I would not get a BDC reticle if it is not going to be really close to what you are shooting, and it sounds like you are changing both barrel length (velocity) and projectile weight significantly from what they are calibrated for.
Can you find a calculator to give you ranges for each hash based on what you are actually shooting, probably yes.
But in my opinion, the much better solution will be to get something with a mil or MOA reticle that will have finer hold points, if you're going to have to check a chart anyway.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Just popping back in here to thank everyone.

I'm going for the Eoetch trade with the badger mount, for a bit less cash differential than originally thought

;-)
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DWPW:
Just popping back in here to thank everyone.

I'm going for the Eoetch trade with the badger mount, for a bit less cash differential than originally thought

;-)
View Quote

Pics when you get it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top