Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2024 7:11:46 AM EDT
Just received a brand new barrel, it's CHF and Chrome lined. Purchased an upper from the same manufacturer and there is a feed ramp issue where the ramps don't match up as well as a slight overhang. Also, I inspected it with a borescope before and after cleaning with bore tech eliminator, and clp for about an hour. I could not remove any of the discoloration. Just wondering if Chrome lined barrels commonly have this or if it's from the CHF process? Or if I should send it back?

Thanks!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5sw7yBuQCx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help! I didn't even notice the pitted rough area at roughly 12 o'clock in the chamber entrance. I bought it as separate parts from DD so I know they'll take care of it. It's odd the both the barrel and upper have issues but I broke down another rifle today to compare and did some mix and match mock-up, older receiver feed ramps match up beautifully to barrel, but you're right, my other barrel extensions have chrome lining extended to them. I found this technical drawing linked to photo but I can't understand it. Is it saying that chrome can stop at the very entrance to barrel chamber or is it saying the CL must fade into extension?

Also, I cleaned the barrel with some hoppes 9 today and it looks beautiful now, like flawless chrome. Seems like the hoppes did better than the bore tech eliminator.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5ucvuvue0-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:33:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dano523] [#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top