Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2024 12:52:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LamePostCount]
A customer of mine gave me some of this Interflon TF lube to try out.  It's a dry lube.  I gave it a go my my EDC G19.5 and I'm surpised at how slick it feels.  I applied it and let it sit for about 10 minutes then wiped the excess off then assembled and hand cycled a few times.  It was pretty slick feeling from the start.  I just checked the pistol and all of the solvents seem to have flashed off amd the gun is completely dry and still feels slick as shit.  I'm curios if anyone here has ever tried it.  

The Glock probanky isn't the best test bed for the kube since you can spit on it and it will run but it was due for a clean and lube.

There seems to be a lot of solids in this stuff.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The solids are probably microscopic beads of Teflon, like the original CLP Breakfree had.  It needed very thorough shaking to mix properly.

For various reasons, dry lubricant's just don't work well in firearms applications.  
Let us know how this one does.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
The solids are probably microscopic beads of Teflon, like the original CLP Breakfree had.  It needed very thorough shaking to mix properly.

For various reasons, dry lubricant's just don't work well in firearms applications.  
Let us know how this one does.
View Quote

Minor update.  I put 200 rounds of old Remington 115 gr range ammo throught the G19.  This ammo is probably 15 years old in the green and white box.  It always makes a mess and this time was no different.  What was different how easily  all of the carbon residue was wiped off.  I had literally coated everything with Interflon when I did my last cleaning.  A soft dry flannel cloth took all of the residue off with minimal effort.  The pistol looks like it was field stripped and cleaned.  It still feels very slick.  I'm not going to wipe the pistol down for the next 1000 rounds and see how cleanup goes.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top