Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2024 7:47:08 PM EDT
Hey all - I wanted to run this up the flagpole before I do an actual EE ad, because even after reading the rules again I'm not sure if this is kosher -

Back in February, InvisibleSight was accepting preorders for the IS-EG NGAL for a brief time. I jumped on it because they're strong units, with close to or better than 'FP' output, and, currently, the ONLY way one can get an NGAL unit in BLACK. Now, this guy's work is widely respected, but he's also notorious for delaying orders. My order was originally promised delivered in APRIL, but he has since contacted me and said the order would ship in MAY. Who knows if it will be delayed further. Either way, I've come across a Perst I would much rather have locally, and I want out of this deal.

Now, it seems to me there are a LOT of people who want one of these units, but he's currently not accepting preorders anymore TTBOMK and, even if he was, he's even more backed up now and the wait time would be protracted for sure. I was thinking, instead of canceling the deal, I would offer up my order for less than the retail price (or for trade) and then someone could get a deal on an otherwise unavailable unit, skip most or all of the wait they'd normally face, AND be able to get one of unobtainium BLACK units.

So my questions are - ONE) is this sort of thing even allowed on EE and TWO) am I crazy for thinking anyone would even be interested in it?

Appreciate any advice from mods and members.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems to me the safer/easier play for all involved is to just wait till the unit is delivered, then sell it unopened/NIB once you have it in hand.

If it works like it does with cars, the mfg/seller will also have to approve any swapping of spots in line/transfer of allocation, so at a minimum you'll need sale of such approved by the supplier as well, I would think.
Just general comments; I know nothing about this unit or night vision as a whole.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top