Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 9:57:57 AM EDT
I am not sure if this is the best area to ask the question, but it seems fairly fitting. Its a piston gun, but its not really an AR, but its not really a variant either. People like to poo poo the caliber change feature, I think its cool. And it is something I would actually use. I will definitely be getting a 7.62x39 version, with a conversion for 8.6 blackout. And maybe something else. I hope they make something in 6mm max. The 6mm max is the best of the 5.56 alternatives besides 300 blackout IMO. SOLGW is going all in with it. X-Ring has some cool videos on it too. Anyway, the gun itself is really cool even if you take away the caliber change feature. Its one of the lightest piston rifles on the market, coming in at 6.8 pounds. Maybe it is the lightest. That depends on which barrel its outfitted with though. It has this bore evacuator that should make shooting suppressed a dream. It has a sub moa guarantee, and it even has a BCG buffer like the APC guns. Not a big fan of the stock design, and I think the 5 degree angle for the back of the receiver is also dumb. They said they did that so it could shoot with the stock folded, but plenty of other rifles did that without issue for a while. Besides that its a really awesome rifle even at its price point. People also like to compare it to other guns in terms of price in a uncharitable manner. People are comparing it to 1000 and 1500 rifles, when they should be comparing it to the SCAR, APC rifles, XCR, etc. I just want to know if anyone has anymore new information about it beyond what we saw in their promotional videos and shot show footage. Like do we know when it will be released? They have definitely not held up their word in terms of getting it out on time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a thread in the general firearm discussion area:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/New-PWS-UXR-rifle-thread/2-549399/

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top