Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2022 4:42:35 PM EDT
Since y'all have figured out how to do a bufferless upper, and the fact that bufferless uppers seem to be getting quite a bit of traction, how's about a bullpup lower compatible with other bufferless uppers? It's a rather untapped market for a nice bullpup that takes AR mags.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Southdog:
Since y'all have figured out how to do a bufferless upper, and the fact that bufferless uppers seem to be getting quite a bit of traction, how's about a bullpup lower compatible with other bufferless uppers? It's a rather untapped market for a nice bullpup that takes AR mags.
View Quote

The funny thing is that is something I have been working on for a few years. The point of this platform was maximizing modularity with the AR15 platform. This platform has a 5 year plan in the works right now from the date of launch. The bullpup version is in year 3 of the plan.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jman_JJE:

The funny thing is that is something I have been working on for a few years. The point of this platform was maximizing modularity with the AR15 platform. This platform has a 5 year plan in the works right now from the date of launch. The bullpup version is in year 3 of the plan.
View Quote

That is pretty funny!

Based on what I was tinkering with on my own time for a 3D printed lower, I'll make a few guesses. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're gonna sell a cheek pad to cover the picatinny on the receiver and a stock portion in order to maintain OAL requirements. That and some instructions that say "use an optics riser," because your cheek weld is going to be really weird on it. That and you're not gonna use a standard AR-15 FCG or trigger.

I'm also gonna figure you'll have it replace part of the handguard so it doesn't look as fugly as the old Warfairy design

Of course this is all speculation on my part. You can confirm or deny it however you like. I'm just interested in it. Especially if you sell it in 7.62x39/9mm variations.

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]

That is pretty funny!

Based on what I was tinkering with on my own time for a 3D printed lower, I'll make a few guesses. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're gonna sell a cheek pad to cover the picatinny on the receiver and a stock portion in order to maintain OAL requirements. That and some instructions that say "use an optics riser," because your cheek weld is going to be really weird on it. That and you're not gonna use a standard AR-15 FCG or trigger.

I'm also gonna figure you'll have it replace part of the handguard so it doesn't look as fugly as the old Warfairy design

Of course this is all speculation on my part. You can confirm or deny it however you like. I'm just interested in it. Especially if you sell it in 7.62x39/9mm variations.

https://external-preview.redd.it/b7rgr2QseHLVMyeOeur37c_D6YfpgI6xQvsGA1gkTKM.jpg?auto=webp&s=83ce2a74dcd2d1718548044bed5e1a1cf432197e
View Quote

Let’s just say we think a lot alike 😂

I will say that while similar, ours looks very different, hopefully have something to unveil at the SHOT show.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it.

And speaking of...

Bullpup AK kit?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kublah] [#5]
Just dont do it like manticore did with their bullpup where its limited to long barrels (16). I wonder how well their conversion would have sold if they ever came out with one that some how worked with 5-8" barrels. Probably would have had to set everything forward a bit, but how may 8" CZ's are out there vs 16".

In other words, please allow for an SBR version of the bullpup :)

The tavor failed us as it looks like they will never release a 300blk SBR kit. The desert tech failed us too as that design will never allow the gas block to be in the right place for an SBR 300blk. No good options for a 300blk SBR bullpup :(
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

You know Jamin, I Love the company and the products, but i really really love Bullpups.. and you saying we're coming out with a jakl bullpup, holy crap.. Im so excited.. I cannot wait!!! its a true must have!!!!!
keep up the great work!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]

That is pretty funny!

https://external-preview.redd.it/b7rgr2QseHLVMyeOeur37c_D6YfpgI6xQvsGA1gkTKM.jpg?auto=webp&s=83ce2a74dcd2d1718548044bed5e1a1cf432197e
View Quote

If the setup in the photo came to fruition I would likely get one. I like the concept.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

If the setup in the photo came to fruition I would likely get one. I like the concept.
View Quote

It's the Hanuman Warfairy bullpup. It's 3D printed. If you have a BRN-180 or FM-15, OR other bufferless upper half, you can just 3D print it. It takes some ABS welding to assemble though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
OK, I know this thread is a year old, but it was recently referenced over on Reddit and I'm now curious. Is 2022 considered year 1, 2023 year 2, and 2024 the year of the bullpup Jakl?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh dang. Just realized I meant to tag @Jman_JJE but I forgot.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:
View Quote

a3 tactical is working on bullpup kit for the jakl.That u use your ar15 lower in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

It is on the list, but after the 308 JAKL which we are focusing on right now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:19:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpyHawk] [#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Multitask, bro

EDIT: @Jman_JJE are you planning to also do a 308 bullpup lower? Not that I want one, but I think it would be neat. I'll for sure pick up the 556/762x39 bullpup lower when it comes out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Since y'all have figured out how to do a bufferless upper, and the fact that bufferless uppers seem to be getting quite a bit of traction, how's about a bullpup lower compatible with other bufferless uppers?
View Quote

Without a new receiver featuring tool-less reversible ejection, you could call it the DENTL.

My take is- wait for some kind of ban to hit, or a partial apocalypse before parts commonality with the 1950's AR platform becomes attractive in any way to the consumer market.

In the spirit of the JAKL... and also the ROCK... which are the only truly compelling offerings in the catalog... I say make a Magpul PDW-type.

The focus should shift away from cheaper alternatives to what is available, and towards stuff we want but can't get, and so we need to buy it as soon as it is available.

In modern coolness...

Not another billet AR... but JAKL.
Not another fake-Glock... but ROCK.
Not another Glock lower... but an FMG-9.
Not another frankenstein AR-bullpup... but Magpul PDW.

In historic coolness...

Not another Chinese Spiker (we already have those)... but a  Type-56c.
Not another 5.56 AK... but a Wieger StG-940.
Not another Colt SMG without the roll pins... but a Swedish K.
Not another MP5... but a S.I.T.E.S. Spectre.

Ya dig?

JAKL is exciting, and the next place to take it is:

1) Put the "monolithic" aspect to work and make the 3 and 9 o'clock rails part of the upper.
2) More gas plugs... all kinds of plugs! Give us a 5.56 plug that is M193/ M855 spec with Adverse, Unsuppressed, Suppressed, and OFF.
3) Give us a stock that looks like the KAC PDW stock, but is a little bit shorter.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:59:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#15]
Sounds like we'll be seeing this in a couple of weeks at Shot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Called it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Triad A3 Tactical has their Bullpup that will work with a JAKL upper.

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top