Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2024 9:06:31 PM EDT
I have a PSA Jakl 10.5" pistol kit from a member here on ARFCOM.  It is used.  I installed the lower parts on a Spikes Tactical lower I have had for years.  The bolt will not stay back on Pmags.  It works perfectly on my USGI mags.  Gun is clean and I am using the correct BHO device that came with the upper.

Also, It only came with 1 gas adjuster.  It is a 5.56 upper.  Should it only have 1?

Any advice?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
There’s two available but I believe the uppers and guns only come with one. Regular four position and S marked four position for Suppressed.

Gas wide open? What ammo? What buffer?

I’m no expert just listing questions others more knowledgeable may have.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PvtJoeBauers:
There’s two available but I believe the uppers and guns only come with one. Regular four position and S marked four position for Suppressed.

Gas wide open? What ammo? What buffer?

I’m no expert just listing questions others more knowledgeable may have.
View Quote

There is no real "Buffer" on a Jakl.

Gas is wide open, 62 grain green tip ammo.

Bolt will not hold open when I cycle it by hand on an empty Pmag but will hold on USGI
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtJoeBauers] [#3]
Originally Posted By CAR-15:

There is no real "Buffer" on a Jakl.

Gas is wide open, 62 grain green tip ammo.

Bolt will not hold open when I cycle it by hand on an empty Pmag but will hold on USGI
View Quote

Forgive me on that first one. Brain fart

Very weird on hand cycling. I thought it was while firing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Here’s a pic of my JAKL rifle upper locked on a PMAG. Cycle yours back with a PMAG in and see if you notice any differences.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtJoeBauers] [#5]
I assume you’ve tried multiple PMAG’s and generations of PMAGS.

Here’s my 300 SBR JAKL with PMAG locked and then released.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:32:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CAR-15] [#6]
I figured it out.  It appears that when I installed the brace adapter in the lower that I had the rubber disk positioned to far inboard, not allowing the bolt carrier to ride rearward enough to allow the BHD to engage. When it would lock back on the USGI mag it would actually lock back on the bolt carrier, not on the bolt itself.  Weird!

Not a big fan of the brace adapter mounting system.  I have had trouble getting it on correctly before.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
At least it wasn't a buffer problem.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By toeheadAR:
At least it wasn't a buffer problem.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top