Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2024 1:03:32 AM EDT
Will Kroil loosen the barrel extension if I run a patch to loosen and clean carbon out?  I use a bore guide so it shouldn't get into the extension threads but supposedly Kroil creeps everywhere.  I do plan to follow up with a bore solvent.  I've never used Kroil so I'm curious.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By downrivertrash:
Will Kroil loosen the barrel extension if I run a patch to loosen and clean carbon out?  I use a bore guide so it shouldn't get into the extension threads but supposedly Kroil creeps everywhere.  I do plan to follow up with a bore solvent.  I've never used Kroil so I'm curious.
View Quote

The barrel extension is threaded on and pinned. Penetrating oil won’t affect it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Willz:

The barrel extension is threaded on and pinned. Penetrating oil won’t affect it.

View Quote

Whose barrels/extensions have the index pins drilled into the barrel threads?

OP, worry not. Extensions are installed with a high torque value.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to admit I think you buy into the advertisement a bit TOO much. Yes the oil penetrates but not that severely. If it was that good, it wouldn't even stay in the bottle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, Kroil does not work miracles, but is a must for anyone who ever works on old rusty equipment.

RCA
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top