Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2024 2:35:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Propblast]
Hello boys!
I have the opportunity to pic up a L3 laser module at a decent price.  As we are all aware sometimes a good deal isn't such a good deal, so I was wondering if some of you fine gentlemen or ladies or whatever you may identify yourselves as can tell me if this is a real L3 module or a fake. Thanks in advance pics below
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#1]

I mean, what are the odds you got the same serial number on the sticker there as the replica on Amazon?

does it have an IR Illuminator?

https://a.co/d/8RX4P9Z

Oh yeah, probably fake as efff, the inserts on the lockout screw holes are not brass. Front screws are not epoxied over either.
Ask for a picture of the illuminator without the diffuser on, bet a white led lurks under there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KavonTN] [#2]
Looks fake to me.  I don't think L3 made the LA5 with green vis. Or any ATPIAL with green vis, only red.  S/N on the sticker doesn't match the unit as well.

Also the above mentioned things.

Just curious, what's the asking price?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:21:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#3]
Yep, definitely a Chinese airsoft knockoff.  Exposed screw heads on the faceplate are another giveaway besides the others mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Plus that UHP button would be like the ultra eye burner 9000 version LA-5C to like signal aircraft to drop bombs right? I wonder if they ever even made a black version.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KavonTN:
Looks fake to me.  I don't think L3 made the LA5 with green vis. Or any ATPIAL with green vis, only red.  S/N on the sticker doesn't match the unit as well.

Also the above mentioned things.

Just curious, what's the asking price?
View Quote

So it is attached to a Sig 556 pistol. It has a Aimpoint Comp4 on it as well and a couple of other things but Like I said above a good deal sometimes isn't .

Thanks y'all I appreciate the help.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top