Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2024 8:44:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Only if you need more mags.  I sure won't be throwing away, giving away, or in any way replacing any of my cache of Lancer mags and I have them going all they way back to the original L5.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Explains the recent sales, besides the economy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wait a little bit, they’ll be out soon enough.  It’s not like there isn’t a plethora of mags available now, unless you are one of “those types” that has to be the first kid on the block to get something new.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I just went to their website and while I didn’t buy any, I could put 30 round opaque black, translucent smoke, opaque FDE, and translucent FDE in the shopping cart. But I’m  not paying full retail for them when AR15 Discounts or Gun Mag Warehouse will have them for ~$15 in a month or so.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The previous 3 versions were all one generation, but this is a different one? The changes look less significant than the change from the original feedlip reinforcement to current.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:44:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:48:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AK-12:
The previous 3 versions were all one generation, but this is a different one? The changes look less significant than the change from the original feedlip reinforcement to current.
View Quote

That's my first reaction as well.

As mentioned - this apparently explains all of the recent sales.  

I don't know if I'm going to bother getting any.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m in no hurry to pay retail pricing on these.

Once they hit their normal vendors for cheaper, I’ll grab a few smoke ones.

I’m hoping they put out the new ones in some fancy new colors as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#11]
They do exist, I’m not crazy!

I could have sworn I read something about the Gen 2 from Shot coverage but I couldn’t find it again and searching turned up nothing. I was beginning to think I had dreamt them up.  

I’ll probably end up getting some eventually but they sorta sound like a “we fixed it for M855A1!” product.  Can’t afford that stuff!

I have original L5 mags that still run just fine.  Middling amount of L5A mags and tons of L5AWM Gen 1 as well.  Lancer makes good stuff; I suspect the AWM Gen 2 will be no different even though it needs a different name.  RAWM - Really Advanced Warfare Magazine maybe?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#12]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#13]
GunMagWarehouse has the Gen 2 Black 30R in stock for $18, if one must get one now and can live with opaque black.  link
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
GunMagWarehouse has the Gen 2 Black 30R in stock for $18, if one must get one now and can live with opaque black.  link
View Quote

Picture resolution is pretty small, but it looks like it's loaded with M855A1.  It remains unclear to me if there is any material improvement to this magazine over what they've been selling up to now; or if it's just a profile change to adjust the angle of M855A1 feeding to address erosive steel tip issue.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#15]
How in the hell can anyone make any kind of legitimate guess from that picture as to what it's loaded with?  Your eyes are a whole lot better than mine if you really think you can tell from that picture what ammo is stuffed in there.

Reminds me of an old hunting buddy.  A deer could run across the field 300 yards away, just before legal shooting time ended (30 minutes after sunset) and he would say something like, "HOLY CRAP, did you see that buck?  That monster had 13 points with 8 inch brow tines," and he would be as as serious as a heart attack.  Hell fire, I couldn't even see it was for certain a deer, let alone if it had antlers or the length of the brow tines!
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:51:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#16]
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
How in the hell can anyone make any kind of legitimate guess from that picture as to what it's loaded with?  Your eyes are a whole lot better than mine if you really think you can tell from that picture what ammo is stuffed in there.

Reminds me of an old hunting buddy.  A deer could run across the field 300 yards away, just before legal shooting time ended (30 minutes after sunset) and he would say something like, "HOLY CRAP, did you see that buck?  That monster had 13 points with 8 inch brow tines," and he would be as as serious as a heart attack.  Hell fire, I couldn't even see it was for certain a deer, let alone if it had antlers or the length of the brow tines!
View Quote

?

I'm not on a cell-phone and have decent monitors.  

Click on the main image and it's slightly bigger.  Not by much.  But take a moment, and you can see the rounds have a bright metallic colored front trip; which so too does M855A1.  It's not for sure, but a decent guess that's M855A1 based on the shinyer front tip of the bullet.  Or it's just the lighting - who knows; Lancer is being remarkably coy on why this next-gen exists at all.  Though the industry trend of late appears to be the main reason folks are releasing new mag versions of old winners, is M855A1.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:04:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#18]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 3:42:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
For those still interested, Got some on the way.
View Quote

Cool.  Get out the calipers and old ones and let's see what's different please.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top