Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2024 10:18:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECB25]
Hey guys. We have a 14 month old son who has started walking and likes to open cabinets. I don’t have a need for a big heavy safe right now so I’d like to get a large lockable case that can fit 5 or more long guns and 6 or more hand guns. I’m having a difficult time finding anything. It doesn’t need to have wheels. If I need to do 2 cases 1 for long guns ( 3 ARs and 2 shot guns) and one for hand guns I can but would prefer 1 big case.

Any and all recommendations are welcomed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Keeping guns in cases can cause rust. Maybe try a Stack On or like gun locker? They make them in several different sizes and configurations.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:03:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JJL0325:
Keeping guns in cases can cause rust. Maybe try a Stack On or like gun locker? They make them in several different sizes and configurations.
View Quote

This.^^^
6 or 8 gun cabinet, tucked in a closet if space is a premium.  Cheap options are plentiful.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:43:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Normlizer] [#3]

Pretty sure you can get these free at most police stations maybe even gun shops.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:18:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#4]
As long as the only loaded gun(s) are out of his reach, what's the concern? Even if you've got an AR laying on your bedroom floor, even if there's a loaded mag in it, but not a chambered round, no toddler's going to yank the charging handle and start sending rounds.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#5]
https://stack-on.com/product/18-gun-security-cabinet
As others have said, something like a gun locker may be useful. Stack-On has some decent ones, and sometimes they’ll go on sale at Tractor Supply Co.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PALADIN-hgwt] [#6]
Considering how many guns come with locks these days why not just use them?  Just use trigger locks and throwing the guns in a sock drawer works for toddlers.(sarcasm)

Won't help for theft, but OP doesn't need a secure safe against theft.  And most low cost gun cabinets can be carried away and opened later.

edit.  not trying to be rude.  bolt whatever you get into the corner inside a closet. extra points if you can install a decent key locking knobset on the closet, which I did when living in an apartment.

Paladin
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top